First Week OT MKII Thoughts

So far I have really been having a blast learning how to work with my new OT MKII :slight_smile:

After the initial frustration and spending time with videos and reading the manual carefully, I am really digging the quirky workflow and incredible power to mangle samples!

Tonite I spent time loading samples from the presets and learning how to use the FX and LFO on these. Amazing how I can take a plain boring sample and create hundreds of unique tracks! I could do this with Ableton but the workflow is not quite as fast even though I have a Push controller.

Also learning how trigs work with samples and the sequencer. So far so good and I still have a long learning curve ahead but I am relaxed now and having fun! In many ways the OT is more powerful than the A4. Though I love that box as well.

Well the A4 cannot sample and store much in memory. The OT can store data on flash card. That is why it is more powerful than A4. BUT as a synthesizer, of course the A4 > OT. I love them both. If I had to keep only one it would probably be the OT since a sequencer/sampler is more important to me with all my synths I have to manage.

How many topics will you create to talk about you (and your gear) !?

6 Likes

why not reflect your experiences in a blog/vlog @socaldreamer? If you keep it up for min +3y and bring quality there might be a small chance you are going to be able to demo gear for a brand or 2,3,… 17.
:grin:

1 Like

Sorry if I was too rude, but all the time you spent writing could be used to learn OT peacefully. :wink:

4 Likes

I spend plenty of time learning it :slight_smile:
Hey you guys chat a lot about gear as well. At least I don’t hate my Elektron gear in spite of the initial frustrations getting the basics down.

Thanks been working on it just need to get a new video camera and learn some video editing software to make it professional like the other YT stars. Great idea to get that out.

1 Like

Long haul or short term flight?