Filter envelope help

Im trying to start a pattern with the high pass filter on then i want it to slowly open the hold open for the rest of the pattern… really struggling to do this can anyone point me in the right direction?

maybe you can use a parameter slide ? or an LFO or an enveloppe ?

1 Like

ive tried with the envelope all the different types the one without the dot seems to get closest but havent had any luck, i guess it would be hard to explain how to do this without having to write a short story…
I haven’t tried parameter slide might give that a go, my lfos are already used

enveloppes with long attack ? Those one with the dot start from the actual value but those with no dot start from the lowest value of the param I think.
param slides are really efficient, even more on a neighboor track Just place one trig on the beginnin one at the end and add parameter slides
then p lock values you want to slide ( dont forget trig lenght)

1 Like

yes that is the first thing i tried long attack…
i want the filter to stay open after the first time maybe can try a conditional trig slide
i just want to introduce the sound by it filtering in the it continue to stay open

it will depend of the filter positions, and maybe the other enveloppes ADSR parameters … Not easy, I’m not a pro :sweat_smile:

all good thanks, think slide should do the trick

I’m not sure what you want to accomplish. Do you want to apply the HP Filter to all the Tracks of the Pattern or to a specific Track made out of Drums or … ?

Hey I missed your comment… I’m still trying to figure this out…
I want to start the pattern with a single track highpassed then the sound to fade in gradually and then sustain open… I just want to basically automate a filter sweep to introduce a sound…
I was unable to do this with a slide because it is a arp pattern I recorded from ableton into the sequencer that uses every 16th note so can’t use a conditional trig on the slide with 1st setting or the trig won’t play next time round…

I want to do this with an envelope. I will try again tomorrow still can’t figure out if even possible to do

A free lfo or one shot lfo with retrig on the first step (when you press and hold a trig, you can switch on retriggering for envelopes and lfos on the note page).
Triangle, reverse exponential and ramp waves work for this, you just have to fine tune the lfo speed.

You can also use a trig with 1st trig condition and a second trig with no_1st trig condition that has lfo depth locked to 0, microtime the second trig all the way left.
When you press play, the 1st TRC trig with lfo modulation plays, then the trig without lfo modulation continues.
Ofc you can also p-lock other stuff on the second trig.

The same thing should also work with an envelope.

Edit; I used env2, shape 0 (linear shape without retriggering), set length to 24 and dialed in some depth.
Cutoff is p-locked to the point I want the env to start from on step 1.
Step 2 has env2 depth p-locked to 0.

Both ways worked perfectly.

1 Like

Is it a 4 bar arp pattern?

1 Like

Have you tried to Live Record the Motion of the Parameter on one Pattern and then switch to another Pattern with the Parameter open? Or you want to do it on a single pattern?

1 Like

What complicates the thing is that you have a Trig on every Step right?

1 Like