Filter Env depth not working (Solved on FX track)

Hi guyz , new owner here , in my test period (the end)

I’m experiencing strange issues with env depth , yestruday on my track 11 for no reason , the env depth wasn’t working , all other gtrack were , i double checked every settings , but ,nope …

If i go on a blank pattern it works …

I said ok no big deal must be some with the pattern

I created another pattern forgetting about this , today i was playing with this and i said let’s seq the FX track , i lowered the filter increase the end depth , put some trig and nothing !!! checked tri option : fiter on , checked triug length ect …

No way the env works , is the unit messy or am i doing something wrong ?

thks (i hope someone could demonstarte that i’m doing something wrong and not that the unit is bad)

Do you have The FX Track muted?

Don’t even know it was able to be muted , i know we can choose to route stuff in it or ,not , since i hear distortion and the filter i guess no , i hear all fx applied (dristortion reverb ect …and the filter n but the modulation from env depth trigg nope)

Tried on a new pattern , no way …

Tchu , even the sidechain deos’nt works … so somthing must be wrong in the settings …
the pattern isn’t set to global settings , witch are the default ones … (nothing checked)
overbridge usage here last version

Ok i created a new project empty nad it works smooth so my question , how to debut that project i had (it’s my scrtach project where i create a lot of pattern as kits )

I’m suspecting the Fx block is muted. Is the FX button green?

nope of course not , i hear the FX (drive + filter) , it’s just not working , while on blank project it is … somethign wrong in this project , i m double cheking each option and i cna’t find anything that could cause that … :frowning:

1 Like

The drive and filter are still applied if the fx channel is muted. Muting the fx channel mutes the triggers so there’s nothing to open the filter and amp envelopes. The other tricky thing is that if you’re holding down “func” and tapping bank to access mutes, the fx button stays yellow instead of changing to purple or green but by letting go of “func”, the fx button changes color and lets you see if the triggers are muted

Fuk you’re righht , bascially when holding the shift button , i see all green stuff but the fx wasn’t red or illumnated … now it’s working , you’re a chief homie .

Still don’t know why the env didn’t worked on that track yesturday , analog one , remind me all analog stuff lol

Thks again you guyz a rock … so now i learned that fx tracks automation can be muted while fx being still running

I must have muted it when trying to access routing or some

1 Like

Florid , can you tell me what’s teh diff bewtenn creating a red trigg or a function + trig (yellow) ?
Those are autmation trigs i guess on normal tracks but on fx track , why using one more than another ?

1 Like

Yeah, the yellow triggers are “trigless trigs” - basically modulation changes recorded to the step without an accompanying note trigger. So if you have one regular trig on step 1 with really long sustain, you can add some yellow trigs everywhere else then add some parameter locks to each yellow trig to change the synth parameters without retrigger the note from step 1.

I don’t use them very much honestly. Since I mostly use the syntakt as a percussive machine, it’s easier to just use regular trigs but yknow, different strokes

Edit:grammar lol

lol yeah sorry for tipos , ipad regestering stuff randomly lol …

Thks

1 Like