Fill Mode on Octatrack needs two hands

Reminder : One Shot trigs can be used as FILL, holding YES (Grid Rec off for all tracks).
Easier to setup, one finger! :fu:

Anyway, a new shortcut for FILL would be welcome.

5 Likes

unfortunately, I don’t think one shot as fill will work for MIDI tracks

+1 on new key combo

5 Likes

I too am a bit confused why it works this way. Would also prefer to just use to up and down arrows.

Wow – this up/down arrow taking over the arrangement sequence is still a problem after the 1.40 update?! +1 Yo! Bummer. Makes doing Fills and Arranger basically in compatible.

Would be a fine work around if Elektron updated to lock the arranger scroll or something like that. Or, made one of the new 5 buttons on MKII assignable to Fill… Some arranger preferences would be nice!

3 Likes

Don’t hesitate to mention it to Elektron support.

3 Likes

I’m just now coming to this sad realization. I thought I was on to something with the arranger and fills

But the up/down arrows do two things at the same time when you’re using the arranger and fills

I’m not that fast with my fingers…

A lock mode for the function key is something that we can’t have too many feature requests for. It would be really useful.

The Sonicware Liven synths (among others) have function lock and it’s hard to go back to not having it.

Just a simple button combination to lock function on, and then press the function button to turn it back off would make almost everything on the OT possible to do with one hand.

Reviving this. Does anyone know if it’s possible to create a short cut via midi to enable the Fill function with the push of a single button? Thanks

No, sorry.

1 Like

Yea, it’s a bummer. I’ve resorted to just making my fills, really, REALLY “worth it”.

A locking mode for the function button is one of the few things I really with the OT had.

The Sonicware Liven synths handle it really gracefully, and it seems like something that owuld be fairly simple to add (compared to a lot of features I and other people talk about wanting). Double-tap FUNC to lock it on, single tap to turn it off again.

It would be really nice to have that for scenes and trigs, too, since plocks and changing scene parameters are also things that would be really helpful to do with one hand.

What you suggest makes it up to 4 taps for a Fill, not so efficient IMHO.

I sometimes use a neodymium magnet (coated in rubber) to hold buttons down on the OT. The rubber stops it from scratching the paint and comes in handy for when wanting a button to latch.

6 Likes

The brilliance of simplicity. The simplicity of brilliance.

I did end up doing that heat shrink thing you suggested for my Tanzbär 2 awhile back. You’re one to watch :0)

1 Like

3 buttons to do 2 jobs . lol

“PAGE” should just momentary latch the Fill , everything else is gravy .
double tap fill “PAGE” could also latch it on. next press off.
keep it simples .

NO TWO HANDS PLEASE.

TBH i wish the digitone , analog four etc auto loaded patches as well, the method to load patches is v slow and cant perform it well , like you can on most 90s and 2000s synths you turn one encoder till it sounds good . my main gripe with elektron et all.

1 Like

…in another swedish future, the all essential FUNC button gets a little light indicator to let u know if it’s actually locked or not, always activated/deactivated by a simple quick double klack/tap…

Is there a LED underneath the FUNC bouton?

There is indeed

ON/OFF/blinking status could be a thing in an update.

2 Likes

Those magnets shaped like pushpins that people use for refrigerators and physical therapy are handy for this stuff: