Feelings about switching Digitakt for OT

Hey again folks, thanks again for everyones’ help and advice. Now I am thinking of the best way to set up my digitakt, rytm, and OT for live use.

I was going to use rytm for drums and DT for bass both going into OT as master and mixer. I would like to have some samples going out and into my delay and reverb units too. My goal is to only have one set of audio cables from OT to go into the club’s system.

Please let me know if you think this is a good plan - I’m going to try it out tomorrow. Rytm will go into A/B and DT into C/D on the OT. I will set the top 4pads (2voices) on the rytm to go out of the indidual ouputs only and into the delay/reverb units then back into the rytm’s audio in.

Do you think this “aux send/return” idea will work well on the rytm?

Any other ideas?

I love throwing a few samples through the roland space echo and eventide space pedals:)

All set up this morning😎

7 Likes

I would have kept the DN, as you can do most of what the DT does between the OT and RYTM. but there’s no bad choices with Elektron stuff. It’s all about what’s right for your style.

2 Likes

That mixing board is nice!!! That baby has how many buses? I know it’s more than a few

2 Likes

https://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/qu-16/

DO IT!

I wanna hear what you do with it.
Im sure, in your hands, some sick stuff will come of it.

Youll love it.