Faulty button LEDs

Have had my digitakt since June. One of my trig button leds is faulty. Glows the wrong colour in every mode. Machine starts ok but after about 10 minutes it starts. Blue in Pattern Mute seen above, Pink when a trig is placed, Pink Track Mute, OFF on the pattern page and worst of all RED when set as a trigless lock! I could deal with all of them except the last. RED instead of YELLOW as trigless lock is a total show stopper.

Edit: Now its like this on power up. So bummed out. I filled out a support ticket.

1 Like

I think I had a case of gremlins…

Had a session this morning for about 40 mins and the button was the same.

Then again tonight for 2 hours. The button was behaving oddly kind of goin back and forth for 30 mins. Then it started behaving normally for the remaining time. I power cycled it when I was done and seems ok. Bugged out!

So the issue returned the next day. Makes me not even want to use it. I can obviously make music with it but my mind keeps thinking bout the damn led! I suppose my gear is one of the very few things I get uptight about.

No reply to my ticket yet.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I’m having a similar issue with my “5” trig. It’s showing yellow when idle, and then off in each mode and so on…

seems to be better when i first start the machine after it’s been off for awhile.

Was exactly as u describe and then got worse. It then suddenly functioned normally for a couple sessions but now permanently faulty.

I’m in the unenviable position of having to choose between sending it to Sweden orb living with it. Customer support confirmed hardware fault and will arrange return of the unit via UPS at my expense. I’m uptight about my gear however, in this case, getting this serviced is going to be a hassle.

I live in Australia, semi rural. Don’t even know where UPS is lol. Support also suggested there is a chance I may be subject to import fees when the unit comes back.

Also no way to back up the machine lol. Anyway, unresolved for now.

That sucks that it has a hardware fault but it’s on you to swallow shipping fees and import tax.

Other companies provide a document to attach on return for repair. So you do not need to repaid the import tax. It is not your case ?

1 Like

And offer you free t-shirt as well…

Thanks for getting back to me! Yea support got back to me and just said they were sorry to hear that and to return the unit. :frowning: It crashed a few times last night as well, and its a bummer there isn’t a way yet to back it up (not to mention they are rarely in stock), otherwise i’d probably have no problem returning it. suppose i’ll hang onto it for now.

1 Like

That’s not very nice, how could you be held responsible for a faulty unit ? Is that standard ? I’ve never had to send a machine back but I’m surprised to read you would have to pay anything to have a unit repaired when the warranty is still valid… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I hope you’ll find a satisfactory solution !

Just following up… feeling frustrated shortly after my last post I boxed up my Digi to mentally prepare myself to ship it to Sweden. Instead of following through I left it boxed up for about a week. I considered selling it as is during that time. Then for no reason at all I pulled it out to have a jam despite my previous negative feelings about the box and the faulty led. To my suprise the led was functioning as it should… again! It has continued to function correctly since. Power of positive thinking? Anyway, Im still considering selling it but only because Im getting impatient waiting for the next update. :expressionless:

1 Like

Yea I feel you. I love the functionality of the box, but the strange LED issue is distracting, and for me happens after around 10 mins of being on. It happens for me every time. That being said, the Digitakt is great. I love it. I’ll probably return it next week for a replacement, but its a bummer that we still cannot back up our projects, as it’d be a much easier process to swap for a new one. Either way, I can always make more patterns! :slight_smile:

1 Like

update: I left it unplugged from the power adapter today for most of the day, and then plugged it back in and have been using it for two hours or so and the LED is now acting normal… hmmm. Maybe we are on to something here?

Ended up with more LED issues, so I just returned it and got a fresh one with seemingly zero issues. Time will tell. I lost some work on it, but only had it a month so just recorded out all the loops etc.

ever find fix for this? mines starting to play up now with same issue

Sold the digitakt some time ago. The faulty LED seemed to correct itself but I don’t know if it reoccurred for the new owner who was aware of the potential issue. I never thought to ask him. I have seen some other users report this issue with some saying it went away and others returned their units for replacements under warranty.

In the end, I had very few gripes
with the DT but they were big enough for me to move on from it. The Blinky Blinky lights were one of those.

Sorry to revive an old thing and should probably just contact support / send it for repair… but I’ve had this issue on my 2 trig pretty much since getting the Digitakt. I’m one of those dumb just live with things people rather than get help and have also been impossible to separate from the box since I got it.

It puzzles me that this sometimes fixes itself so I wonder if there’s some magic solution apart from replacement / repair.

Or is it a trip to Sweden for the magic box.

Responding to myself here to note for anyone in the future:

Elektron support got back to me really quickly and it’s a button replacement job so sending it in for that. Still curious as to why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t but glad that I’ll have this fixed (though sad I’ll be away from my Digitakt for a bit).

Could be an intermittent contact on the RGB LED… i have similar faults on an LED strip on my ceiling…

1 Like