Faderfox UC4 <3 Octatrack?

It’s powered via the USB port. You can use any phone charger that has a USB connector to power it. The two jacks are for the MIDI indeed. Worth noting that the wiring of these jacks is not the same as on the Korg Electribe.

1 Like

Hi 'Nauts, I got the UC-4 just now, and I’m just wondering how you have it exactly set up ? Faders to Volume of course, but what are the other possibilities ? And one more thing, I’m not understanding how to copy and paste a certain parameter setup over 8 channels and i’m doing it all from scratch for every channel, a bit time consuming… This thing doesnt have midi cc learn right ? Any reviews/tips/UC-4 related stuff welcome pls!

Hey @MDM, I took the liberty to merge your post with this topic, I guess you’ll find some relevant info here and there.

2 Likes

Korg midi adapter cables are likely rewired differently.

1 Like

Yes I confirm, the Faderfox adapters use the same wiring as Arturia, so it’s not compatible with the Korg ones.

I must say that I’m still experimenting with using the :elot: with MIDI controller… controlling the volume with the faders is nice, but you get jumping when switching from one part to another. So it really only works well as long as use one part (and one bank) only… which can be a bit limiting. Or you have to set up parts in a way that you know how to transition from one to the next (eg. you finish a section moving the volume down to zero, then switch pattern/part and have that part start with the volume on zero so you don’t get any jumping).

2 Likes

the UC4 looks amazing, but does anyone have experience with the UC44? is it stand alone like the UC4? will it hook up to an OT with no usb hosts?

thanks!

year, but u need a midi merge between the uc4 and the 3 devices. the problem is then u can not use octa as midi seq.
other solution is a setup with a lot of midi merges before each device.

Do you mean UC44?

In my case, a MIDI hub appeared to be the wisest solution… Today I’d go for MIO4.

Ask about and discuss the UC44 here:

i thought it was possible to setup the midi CC control in catch mode so there is no jumping?

Could be, would need to look into it. But I must say that I find working with “catch mode” just as annoying as having parameters jump.

it absolutely has a catch mode. agreed that this can still be frustrating for non-rotary controllers, so I just map the encoders to control “modal” parameters like volume levels that vary per part, and leave the faders for global things.

1 Like

But will it not just with encoders as well? I couldn’t figure out how to “send back” the parameter value to the UC4, so the encoder picks up at the correct position… though that should theoretically be feasible and be the whole point of having encoders in the first place.

1 Like

This is probably a dumb question but would I be able to use the UC4 to control my OT and also sync my OP1 with the OT? As in, could I connect the USB cable to the OP1 and then the DIN out and in to the OT to get clock to and from each instrument?

I don’t have a UC4 but it seems like it is not a USB host, so you would have to connect a USB host (a dedicated box or a computer) between the OP-1 and the UC4 to achieve what you want.

1 Like

I figured as much. Thanks for confirming!

1 Like

I know this is one year late but… :stuck_out_tongue:
I think you do that with a CC message call SEND ALL MIDI CC or something like that… it’s on the OT manual
I’ve never tried it, since I don’t have an UC4… but I would really like to know this too!

Wow one year has passed an I haven’t figured that out yet :smiley:
I am sure I have been looking a couple of times for info about that, but I can’t find it in the manual, where did you see that?

MIDI chart, end of the manual:
CC 61 - Send Request, 0 = all audio CC

if I understand correctly, you have to send a CC61 message with value 0 to the controller. let me know if it works! :slight_smile: