Factory presets as individual files - does anyone have it?

Hi
I’m wondering if anyone has the Factory presets in a form of single files (“mc-pst”) - just as you have them for any ‘external’ pack you get
Would like to somehow reorganize the Factory content, but it’s not possible without having the individual files…
Thanks

I had the same issue. After asking here, I decided to make my own copies of the ones I wanted to re-use.

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to share those though … the fact that this is not readily available suggests that maybe Elektron don’t want it shared … perhaps ?

THIS. They are not available as standalone files, but are embedded in the firmware.

Their support pages where you can download firmware versions and manuals clearly state:

Licence to use files on this page: You may download and utilize all files on this page for personal use. You may not edit or otherwise modify any material on this page; or redistribute material from this page.

3 Likes

Thanks
Honestly don’t see a reason for those not being available - unlike e.g. samples these are unusable outside of Model:Cycles + there’s no hidden IP/knowledge inside (anyone with M:C can manually export them one by one anyway - I’m just looking for a way to avoid manual work for hundred of presets)

It’s clear that you want to avoid the manual work, but the factory content is nevertheless a property of Elektron and licenses are not about reason.

So don’t expect them being posted here in public.

You’re right … that covers it.

Here’s how to do it easily for yourself:

That’s great - I managed to get them all in half an hour! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like