F this box! PU Machines, Trigs, Neighbor, LFO's! ARHHH!

this really depends on whether it’s a fresh trout or previously frozen.

tricky to get it right - def need to cover up as it will go dry real quick and thats the one thing you want to avoid. I’m also fond of giving it that one minute xtra hot pan fry to get a bit of brown colour… however , frozen trout will just turn into mush and/or crumble… mhm I feel I just crontradicted myself. anyway - good luck… (white wine and chipped almonds works greatly!)
peace

It will be fresh and will def try your approach. Thank you so much

I agree with deleting the pickup machines , too difficult and doesn’t work properly anyway - put the memory towards other features, or try the concept again but simpler. Elektron really need to put a few months aside to iron out the OT imo. New products are getting all the priority. Luckily for me I just use it as an effects / scenes box / midi sequencer…

Don’t delete them!! I bought the damn machine partially for it’s looper!
Just finish the machine.
@coralhex - Can you tell me exactly what you have going on? I’ll be back in my studio tomorrow to try some stuff out again.

put the oven on with a low lfo to slowly increase and decrease the heat …
plock the surface with bits of lemons and maybe every third quarter a trigless trig with just oil
if you use a proper pickup machine you can turn the fish over when halfway through
sharing is caring so ask your neighbor to come over (or bring some fish to your neighbor)
if you are a modern guy you may want a dry end product be gently on the reverb or it would get too wet.
tell your wife not to delay her arrival, mkay?
ooh, when you want a certain brown color you could use an arpegiator to increase and decrease the height of the baking tray, just saying …
if you have starters of desert use the cross fader in between scenes for the WOW effect from your guests …
in slice mode (after serving) people will have a good time getting the fish bones removed …
so, cue the side orders in their supposed succession, make sure you dont put too much strain on your bank for the epic meal …
save the project for a special day and dont just throw everything in the mixer when you are getting frustrated with those instructions that you read here :confused: … add effects to taste (like a super void to quickly remove the leftovers, or a spatializer to have the fish body pre opened …)
the limits are almost endless … tray 1-7 are for your imagination, leave tray 8 as a master, who ever gets to sit there will probably feel really good. …
find your tempo and maybe go to a 4 Bar afterwards …

put the oven on with a low lfo to slowly increase and decrease the heat …
plock the surface with bits of lemons and maybe every third quarter a trigless trig with just oil
if you use a proper pickup machine you can turn the fish over when halfway through
sharing is caring so ask your neighbor to come over (or bring some fish to your neighbor)
if you are a modern guy you may want a dry end product be gently on the reverb or it would get too wet.
tell your wife not to delay her arrival, mkay?
ooh, when you want a certain brown color you could use an arpegiator to increase and decrease the height of the baking tray, just saying …
if you have starters of desert use the cross fader in between scenes for the WOW effect from your guests …
in slice mode (after serving) people will have a good time getting the fish bones removed …
so, cue the side orders in their supposed succession, make sure you dont put too much strain on your bank for the epic meal …
save the project for a special day and dont just throw everything in the mixer when you are getting frustrated with those instructions that you read here :confused: … add effects to taste (like a super void to quickly remove the leftovers, or a spatializer to have the fish body pre opened …)
the limits are almost endless … tray 1-7 are for your imagination, leave tray 8 as a master, who ever gets to sit there will probably feel really good. …
find your tempo and maybe go to a 4 Bar afterwards …
[/quote]
Best Elektronauts post yet. Absolutely brilliant!

You are misreading these posts. We love the OT too, but it’s not blind love, it’s tough love.

I have a Love/Hate-Relationship with the Octatrack myself…

But for me, it’s more on the UI-side of things. I work a lot on front end design, and some decisions made in that area on the OT baffle me…

Why is there no edit-button, for instance? It’s like used on every second button-combination I have to press on the OT.

And my biggest gripe, the very very “unique” inconsistent save/load-system on that machine.

Very weird…

I have to admit though, spending a lot of time with the OT opens up a lot of things, and led me to much better workflow.

It’s my favourite piece of gear ever, and I do almost all of my music on it these days (even using the arranger mode a lot).

But sometimes I’m just really wondering why they did things the way they did with the OT.

And the pickup machines are really just poo.

Dear Elektronauts,

what are you using…or trying to use the pickup machines for?

They are my go-to machine for feeding all kinds of noises into the OT during production and when playing live concerts I overdub multiple layers of my voice with them which sounds just great.

I like the pickup machines so much I wrote a song called PICKUPmachine.

The two different layers of mandolin and the vocals were all recorded with pickup machines (field recordings and some effects added with the OP-1) and it was fun and no hassle.

https://soundcloud.com/wavemarrow/pickupmachine

Maybe I just use them in the most vanilla way there is…

But I just wanted to chime in since this thread is going the way of the trout and I’m seriously wondering what you are trying to achieve with the pickup machines and why some of you even want them to be gone…

Have a good one,
door

1 Like

cool track mr. door!

You are misreading these posts. We love the OT too, but it’s not blind love, it’s tough love.[/quote]
I didn’t misread anything.

Unfortunately for you and a few others, Elektron have their own vision and project plans. As it is now, the Octatrack kicks ass and takes names.

Maybe you should have bought a looper machine to compliment your OT-instead of getting another OT-just sayin…

I stand corrected. Keep the pickups :slight_smile:
sounds like it’s time to get a friend over, bust out the Foria and recline to some lush pickup machinescapes… nice work

You are misreading these posts. We love the OT too, but it’s not blind love, it’s tough love.[/quote]
I didn’t misread anything.

Unfortunately for you and a few others, Elektron have their own vision and project plans. As it is now, the Octatrack kicks ass and takes names.

Maybe you should have bought a looper machine to compliment your OT-instead of getting another OT-just sayin…

[/quote]
The looper part doesn’t bother me.
The problems using it as a slave does (especially if you own 2 or 3 OTs, they all can’t be a master).

The sampling and LFOs don’t bother me.
The incomplete MIDI control does.

I appreciate that Elektron has their own vision and project plans.
I don’t appreciate them being absolutely silent on any further Octatrack development. Once the Analog line and Overbridge came into existence, there has been silence on the Octatrack front. Elektron personnel clearly read these forums and see how many people have asked for a simple status/update on the OT’s future. Since Elektron has chosen to be silent, that in of itself is an answer.

Probably what I should really do is just spend less time reading and responding on forums and more time with the gear.

1 Like

i wonder why… it seems like an awful lot of people seem to need to return their black boxes for warranty jobs lately… wtf? i mean, how many dudes you know had to roll like this? not many? if any?

its not personal guy, just a question… i think i need to use the warranty repair service too… looks like its not just me. octa is well built, not as sure about the a4… its another topic, forget it dont get down… maybe try listen to scribe :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hyD2yAZFwE

fair enough, stuff breaks. i gotta say that i’m probably used to my vintage equipment being reliable to a point. but its like 30-40 years old now so im expecting that to be an issue… not hanging on you or elektron - you took my cryptic post the wrong way, too hard sorry for being unclear.
i meant to literally ask you what went wrong with your OT.
the 3 year warranty rocks and elektron have always been ultra responsive to any issues i have had, including warranty repairs and otherwise, ive bought 9 elektron machines over the last 12 years so i want to compare the revisions and durability of the different design phases. thats all to me, the silver boxes are probably the most durable so far. its another thread

The two different layers of mandolin and the vocals were all recorded with pickup machines (field recordings and some effects added with the OP-1) and it was fun and no hassle.

How do you manage clicks at the end of the takes? I’ve tried all kinds of FIN FOUT amounts, and also fixed-length recording at 32 and 31 (because supposedly the fades add fractions of a step to the take), but I always get a nasty click at the end. It’s even visible in the sample editor.I can cut it out, but that’s a total hassle.

Anyone?

I still havent dived into tapr madnedd on the OP-1. So impossible to get rid of clicks huh? That sucks. I spose something like rx2 or something will clean it up though

I can totally dig a bit of scratches and dust but these m—e-f—ers are LOUD. I never get this with manual recording.

Have to say, these are massive subaquatic drones. Wouldn’t be as bad with more transient material.

The OP-1 is apparently a no-fades no-snap type experience, so for continuous audio you’d have the same deal.