F@*k the haters - guitar solos are the shit

Completely forgot about the solo in this.

This was going to be our first dance at our wedding, then that shitty film with Elliot Page and that creepy nerd came out and everyone was like “oh this sounds like that song from that film”.

Knobs.

12 Likes

Yep, Midge Ure is a (guitar) god.

1 Like

I´ve argued for 10+ years that the guitar outro of Keith Urbans “Nobody Drinks Alone” is probably the best outro ever created. and ill fight anyone who disagrees.

welcome to goosebump nation

i dare you to not get goosebumps :smiley:

1 Like

that is one epic solo

i think it was me who started the hate :stuck_out_tongue:

i do like this solo since it actually serves a function in the song:

1 Like

And now I’ve posted an Ultravox video.
See what you made me done!

guitar solos can be tasteful.

The examples in the op are horrible :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well, Fripp was already mentioned… I am huge fan of King Crimson. For me their best era was with the guitar interaction of Fripp and Belew. Lot of people know the 80s trio of records, but I really love the last regular studio album The Power to Believe. I’ve seen them live at that time - the sound was so loud and clean at the same time… This was the opener. Whole track is brilliant, but the best part is Belew’s solo that starts after 5:00 mark.

4 Likes

They’re not.

3 Likes

My favourite guitarist ever

Even when restrained into a mellow sea shanty there is nothing but pure gold…

3 Likes

And to juxtapose

A song about being to fd up to know if you made sweet love to a stranger or spent the night touching yourself.

1 Like

And Nels Cline is awesome guitarist. Listen how this song by Wilco evolves! At the beginning you would not guess that it will end with such insane solo.

3 Likes

Honestly I posted the pic as a joke but feel I need to have a listen now after all these years :smiley:

I feel like (and maybe some other haters are similar) I have an almost irrational not hatred, but cringey feeling around guitar solos stemming from guitars very much being my thing during early awkward teenage years (I’ve kept the awkwardness) and they’re a reminder of that time I can’t quite bring myself to face. And worst part is on a level I know I’m missing out, ha.

Or maybe guitar solos are just shit…

2 Likes

flagged pantera fan comment

2 Likes

flagged pantera fan comment

1 Like

So good I liked it twice

3 Likes

Greatest instrumental by the greatest guitarist in his pomp. Hard to track this version down online. Enjoy!

2 Likes

ctrl+f kid charlemagne :broken_heart:

5 Likes

Tony Iommi :fire:

4 Likes