External synth through Rytm MKII into DAW via USB (in stereo)?

My Rytm MKII records everything via USB into Ableton and I’m having a lot of fun. I’m not using the OB app/plugin.

I also have a UA Volt 1 interface but it only has 1 input.

I’d like to pair my Rytm with another synth (for melodies, chords etc) and I’m looking at the Hydrasynth Explorer.

Since I don’t have two inputs on my audio interface (for stereo recording) I’d like to use the Rytm to record external synth into it then into Ableton (via USB) in stereo, through the compressor. Is this possible? I checked the manual and some other posts as well but haven’t found a definite answer.

Stereo recording would be important because I’d use lots of effects on the external synth.

Thanks in advance! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t have a rytm yet but was planning something similar. Reading through the manuals it seems it is not possible to get separate stereo out of the external inputs. The external audio in is routed through the compressor and the out of the main out along with all other individual drum parts of the rytm.

If you would use the individual drum parts pre fx audio inputs in the ableton and route only the external input (the external synth) to the main out then you could get all rytm parts and the synth separately to ableton but you can’t use any of the rytm fx features.

Let me know if I’m wrong. This is my interpretation of the manuals.

1 Like

Interesting. Since I’m not doing live jamming/performance, all I want to do is to record my external synth in stereo through the Rytm into Ableton since my UA audio interface only has one input. So my Rytm would kind of become a “temporary” audio interface for this purpose.