External FX Recommendations

I’ve been wanting one of these for a while but I’m torn between the pedal version and Euroburo with the desktop case.

The pedal is obviously cheaper, and has 1/4" jacks meaning I can easily just plug and play with my synths or a guitar or a mixer.

On the other hand, I have some semi-modular stuff so the extra CV is appealing for more modulation options, I’m just not sure if it’s worth sacrificing the extra cash and 1/4" for that reason alone.

eventide advertises that it is also suitable for the studio. it can be set to line and also output in mono. this reverb is and remains an all-rounder, because it has many algorithms that just sound great. I’ve done a lot of tests with plugins and there are worlds in between. but we said that’s my opinion.

Yes I didn’t find better. I don’t like all algos though. Hesitating with Blackhole pedal…
Strymon Bigsky and Empress Reverb are really good too.

My question in about inputs L/R sum.

If the signal if on the right, is the reverb mainly on the right ? In other words, does it preserve some stereo field even 100% wet ?

yes, that works e.g. with the dual verb. I’ve already tested that, because with some tracks it’s also powerful for me that the signal resonates with the reverb in the panorama.

by the way, the delay from the elektron boxes is also able to do that, super cool. however, their reverb cannot. but you know that for sure.

1 Like

Should be, I haven’t used mine much for that but the Mutable Instruments reverbs sound nice, and I’ve heard some nice reverbs in other people’s patches that I’ve tried out. I’ve used mine more for XY vector synthesis with an old oscilloscope than for audio, actually.

$500 would be pushing it (but people were recommending stuff closer to $1100, and for that definitely). A Behringer case and power supply would be more than good enough and is cheap. I priced out the cost of making a basic spring reverb and case, power, i/o, reverb driver and a new Accutronics tank would be in the $350 range, probably closer to $400 with tax and shipping (but less if you bought modules used)

2 Likes

hey, one more question about this!

I observed this correctly again while producing earlier and the only algo in the space that pans the signal cleanly and properly to the left and right when you move the signal in the panorama is the mangledverb. that’s really nice, because even a plugin doesn’t do it properly. with the mangleverb it’s like that, no matter where the signals are placed, then there’s also the reverberation. like the electron delay.

too bad that doesn’t work with the modechoverb. whether there is a setting here? tried everything but it doesn’t work.

now I’m wondering if the timefactor
delay also works so clean!? do you happen to have the pedal and can you answer that!? it would be very annoying to spend a lot of money and then it doesn’t work.