External FX Recommendations

Hello everyone,

My second week with the OT I love it! I want to expand my FX with external FX. Looking for something different. I wouldn’t mind some reverb and delay since the Delay is alright on the OT and the verb is good but think I can do better. I looked into the following OTO Boum, OTO Bam, Zen Delay, Microcosm pedal. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

Karate Kid

1 Like

For the past 4 years I’ve used a Bam and an Alesis Wedge more than every other hardware and software reverb I have combined.

1 Like

Yea the BAM reverb seems so clean. Its between that and the BOUM.

2 Likes

Eventide H90.

2 Likes

Thats like $1200 Canadian here in Toronto :upside_down_face:. But yea I looked at that too! Price was deterring me a bit. Might save up for one :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That sound very clean and dope!!! Never heard of this before.

1 Like

Meris make incredible pedals. The LVX is their latest, biggest and best imo. But their older, smaller pedals are also brilliant.

2 Likes

If you fancy a more performance/instrument type delay, have a look at this.

Unfortunately there aren’t many video or audio demos about, but it’s a really interesting and fun device. Wish I hadn’t sold mine.

1 Like

This is I saw at Superbooth on youtube long ago. I believe its made by an Italian company. This device is super unique but I remember trying to get one and it was back ordered like crazy. Perfect for live setups!!

1 Like

Analog Heat MK2 is super awesome with various overdrive, distortion and modulation features. For time based delay effects, Strymon and Eventide are tough to beat. Something like Strymon Timeline, Big Sky and Eventide H90.

1 Like

They’re pretty much available now, certainly in the UK.

1 Like

Was checking out the BAM and saw this demo of the BIM?

1 Like

I REALLY like the way a Strymon Deco gives a nice sheen over everything I do.
It’s a wonderful Tape simulator with Saturation that doesn’t break the bank.
It can be subtle or extreme.
I prefer it best with a tad bit of Saturation and playing with the “LAG time” or “Blend” by hand or expression pedal to add a bit of glue and tape phasing.
Sounds incredible.

4 Likes

I have the Bim, Bam, and Boum. They are all great but my vote would be for the Bim as the first one. It’s a really great delay and also works well as a chorus. Bam is also really good.

3 Likes

Leaning towards this tbh after watching a lot of videos of everyone suggestions. Probably BIM first then BAM.

1 Like

Yeah they are all great. Boum also sounds really great but I don’t feel like I can use it on everything. It’s definitely amazing for drum compressor and distortion, Analog Heat is ultimately more useful as a multi effect device though.

If you’re looking for time related stuff both of the Bim and Bam are great but I always have more fun with a Delay and there’s more you can do with a delay imo.

2 Likes

Yea BOUM doesn’t seem to fit my style after watching some demos. Heat would win in that battle imo. There are cheaper options as well to that compressor like the FMR like $200 CAD. I also always been a fan of delay and the verb. Watching that video I posted shows how much performance you can do with it on the fly.

In love with all things Fairfield Circuitry at the moment - check out the Meet Maude, Randy’s Revenge, and Shallow Water

1 Like