External device out into digitone midi in

AUTO CHANNEL from 1 to 16. No sound.
The keyboard of the DG keys works. Sound is going out of the bamboo m but it doesn’t make it to the DG.

I run Linux on my computer… could try going through soundcard and Ardour, not sure if that would work.

The thing is, it was working perfectly fine yesterday… so I know if can work just with this cable! How’s frustrating…

Protokol should work on linux.

if the Bamboo M is sending midi to DN auto channel (10) then you need to be on the track you want to receive the midi, not on the midi channels but on T1/T2/T3/T4

otherwise you’d need to send from Bamboo M on channel 1 for T1, channel 2 for T2, etc.

1 Like

Was it previously working for all tracks or just one track?

Yes I’m on T1

Just T1

does the patch on T1 makes sound if you play from the DN keyboard? do you have volume or maybe it’s muted or something?

if you place some trigs on T1 and hit play does it play the trigs?

Yes it does play sounds on T1, and all others.
Yes it does play the trigs on T1, and all other tracks

Yeah that probably means the Bamboo outputs to channel 1 by default.

I would inspect the clip and wire that connects to the plant and see if there’s anything there that might be an issue?

Somebody lends me a pc with Windows. I installed MIDI OX. How do I connect the Bamboo then? I have a Scarlet 2i4. Is this good?

you need to make sure that the Bamboo M sends midi and the cable works, your DN midi settings looks good and you have all that’s needed:

• INPUT FROM: MIDI
  • RECEIVE NOTES: ON
  • CHANNELS 1-4 for T1-4 and 10 for AUTO

that’s all that needed from DN side, you need to make sure that the Bamboo M works, both the usb midi and the DIN midi as well, cables can break spontaneously.

The clip and wire? You mean from the plant to the Bamboo? Those work perfectly fine as sound good out of the Bamboo m when I play through intern speaker, or through DG’s input (with mini jack -> jack cable)

1 Like

Connect the Bamboo to the computer via a USB cable.

Click on MIDI devices under options at the top -

Then just click on your device in the MIDI inputs area so that it’s highlighted, then click ok on that window. Then you should hopefully see some scrolling data in the black space in the MIDI-OX main window.

Actually as the Scarlett 2i4 has MIDI ports you may as well use those, as that will confirm that the cable and port is working correctly.

I unplugged the bamboo from the Dg.
I plugged the bamboo via usb. The laptop makes the sound of connecting a usb device. Nothing in the explorer. Nothing in MIDI inputs of OX.
Will now try through Scarlett…

Via simple usb

Oh no… scarlett 2i2 has no MIDI…

If it’s a class compliant MIDI device it should generally just work with things like MIDI-OX and DAWs, you won’t see anything in the explorer if there’s no onboard storage.

Try closing and re-opening MIDI-OX? Sometimes you need to do that if you’ve plugged something in while it’s already open.

1 Like

Ah, yeah that’s unfortunate. You said 2i4 previously which does but I guess the 2i2 is a more cut down model.

1 Like

It does work! What do I do now?