Exquisitely Sounding Corpse 37

Please ignore and continue as usual…

Was wondering what rhymes with corpse on the bus yesterday (warps is all I can find) and thought let’s probably throw out the rules and stick this into an MPC keygroup and write a song. Was going to record the vocals but that would be totally breaking the rules so sing along at home.

(Everything including the clipped drummy bits are the same sample run through the MPC doing far too much automagic instrument making that makes it almost feel like cheating.)

Not much rhymes with corpse because it’s dead,
Lay down your broken head and dream the dreams that corpses do,
It’s nice to look at you

I loved you for three minutes before you got into this mess
You maybe knew it for a second so I guess that’s a success
You were pretty good at talking, not too good at walking
Now be still and let them grieve

Don’t move until they (leave)

(Chorus)

What would people think
If I said I saw you blink…

(Chorus)

3 Likes

Great idea for a mission! I put @waftlord’s original audio into the Octatrack and tried to create rhythms, noise and drones from it. Lots of pitching, lots of fx, some internal resampling.

12 Likes

pitch down and looped through an sp404 5FX randomised chain several times with some heated variation

2 Likes

through an sp404 5FX randomised chain several times with some heated variation

4 Likes

through an sp404 5FX randomised chain twice with heat

3 Likes

Damn everyone, love the evolution of the shared piece of music becoming source material becoming a creation becoming source material becoming a creation becoming source material…. :infinity:

This should be a type/category of thread - soooo inspiring!! :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

1 Like

Using the Slate sample engine in Opal, two bars randomized:

3 Likes

Sproingly! Which audio did you use?

Your original audio.
Then lots of pfaffing to convert the Ableton .aif to wav because I don’t post often…

Now realise I should have replied to your original post, oops.

Nice.

I think there’s already 5+ corpse variants in process now. They branch out quickly.
New players should preferably start adding to an existing one.

Might even remove my original to encourage this, segments should have a half life where they become totally decayed and unusable 🫠

Me and my wife have been contending with a horrendous stomach bug thanks to all my exposure to fresh corpses a few days back, but I’m feeling a little more human again so loading the Digitakt up with a fresh batch of corpses.

On a side note, I’ve found this sort of tinkering and exploring samples of ‘found sound’ type short explorations so fruitful, I’ve made a new folder on my DT called corpses, and from now on I shall be collecting these and building a library for future projects.

@alechko

Sliced, overdriven, resampled, sliced, overdriven, recorded

@B_LD

Resampled, overdriven, LFO filter manipulation, recorded

As a bonus

Combined the corpses together.

Another: @Mies_van_der_Robot via @waftlord

Shortened, reversed, overdriven, sample and bit rate reduced via LFOs, spun inside a virtual oil barrel, recorded.

4 Likes

took @Juniper_Steels chords and pitched -1 octave, vibratoed, reduxed, pitch hack, filter lfo, compressed in Live

7 Likes

Took @alechko reworking of @Juniper_Steels and turned it into the dub techno corpse it wanted to be:

Sliced up and filtered fragments, recorded

6 Likes

Nah, keep it there, it’s amazing to see the foundation of the evolutions! :fist:t3:🫡

If I recall correctly:
Copied a random snippet from @Nils. Time stretched and pitched down. Created 4-track 12Khz file. Copied/layered the result how it looked good. Merged to mono. Time stretch plus pitch up again.

4 Likes

There’s a wonderful sensation of being squeezed in this rendering, but very slowly, until you inevitably pop.

1 Like

MiRack. Many random voltages to a stereo sampler. Dual ring mod. Some drive.

5 Likes

Man! You just broke my phone’s speaker?! :grin:

1 Like

I took @thejewk latest file, chopped and replaced original granules with autotuned ones from original nanoloop from @waftlord using @AFX SampleBrain witchcraft (sorry for name dropping, but I had to credit the tool author):

5 Likes