Expressive E Osmose

I’m guessing

Each key can have its own velocity curve
Each key can sense left/right pressure and forward (pushing) pressure.

And it’s very square
And they’ve made stuff up to claim a patent that in reality isn’t so special ?
And it’s very expensive.
And they’ve given them to well know musicians / influences in exchange for positive comments.

And I’m very skeptical/cynical at this time of day.
And it’s probably very good.

2 Likes

I agree, especially if Osmose comes with built-in synth engines like the current generation of Continuums.

Both Haken Audio and Expressive E seem to be the type of company to use high quality parts/components, no cost cutting with particle board, plastic, etc.

ROLI used to make a Seaboard with built-in synth engine for standalone operation. That was priced more in the $2000 range. Thus the new Expressive E-Haken instrument would be closer to that range, unless they have a partnership with the likes of Medeli (semi-secret parent of ASM) to reduce manufacturing costs.

Either way, I would hope nobody is expecting Arturia Micro pricing. :wink:

1 Like

Nothing new here yet? This one’s caught my interest.

Marketing is pretty well done :tongue:

1 Like

First full picture of that thing I’ve found so far.

It should be available during Sommer 2020. 1.800€ and people preordering will get a 40% discount.

2 Likes

Looks awesome.

Looks really great-- tempted! I won’t preorder as that’s quite a wait and I would prefer to see reviews of build quality, feel and bugs first. It’s quite a generous preorder offer though.

Instant pre-order for me at the discounted price. Hopefully no issues arrive as they move to mass production. It looks fantastic.

You can use it as a MIDI keyboard for any MPE enabled softsynth. Not sure if there is any incentive for them to add more synth engines directly in the box?

1 Like

Took me nearly an hour of slow loading and refreshing, but my reservation order went through finally :slight_smile:

1 Like

This might deserve it’s own thread, but I hope ROLI is able to have strong holiday sales. We need more competition and innovation in this space. No single product will rule them all.

2 Likes

Hmmm… can’t decide on this one whether I think its amazing or meh!

It sure looks great though. Lovely design.

Must
Not
Open
Wallet

1 Like

Not been able to load the page at all today. Do you happen to know how long the pre-order is set to run?

1 Like

Thanks. I have a feeling I’m going to have to make room for one of these.

2 Likes

As an Ableton user, if they can get a solid vst or something that will make life easy to integrate with the DAW then it becomes massively more appealing. I could never be arsed setting up the Roli in Live (a hassle for me). The Touche was a little better and easier for the end user but still not 100%. Interested to see and hear more.

Very cool. Though I’m pretty sure I won’t write better tracks if I get one. It’s not usually the lack of keyboard expression that stops me from getting shit done.

But it does seem lovely and I can totally see why I’d fall in love with this one if I ever tried it.

10 Likes

As I’ve said many times on this forum, getting a Haken Continuum utterly changed (and improved) my music. I did indeed write better, as it gave me an exciting and expressive new medium for which to write.

15 Likes

I like the elegant look, and the engine sounds good so far. My predicted concerns: 1) Ease of sound editing, 2) Amount of facility needed to make good use of its expressions.

3 Likes