Exponential growth in rhythm and dance moves over age 40?

Has anyone else experienced exponential growth in rhythm and dance moves over age 40? Now, even if I break an awkward move it’s still funky as fuck and the crowd in my mind looks on in awe.

12 Likes

The crowd in my mind agree. You do look funky af.

3 Likes

It must be pattern recognition.

All the years we walk the earth, cataloguing the depths of human movement, and that knowledge has power.

Plus, we were indoctrinated at a young age by Breakin’ and Breakin’2; Electric Boogaloo.

2 Likes

Yep, 50 in May.

Recently I caught my reflection whilst dancing to ‘Girls’ by The Egyptian Lover. It was much much better than I’d previously pictured in my mind.

3 Likes

we care less with age. your moves may be the same or worse, but you care less about what others think.

or, you have matured into deep funkiness.

either way, kudos.

2 Likes

I can’t dance anymore.

But then I couldn’t really dance before.

2 Likes

Not lost the ability, I’ve just lost the stamina. Used to dance all night, now its 5 mins and I need a sit down

2 Likes

I work on many of my moves in the car so that is something to consider.

2 Likes

Slightly OT but driving for years has honed my left foot kick skills. And Transit dashboards make a cracking snare sound. Just gotta keep it reined in otherwise its airbag roulette…

1 Like

I see you’re familiar with driving in Leicester

1 Like

For safety’s sake if you decide to do the lean back while driving do not pump the seat’s recliner lever.

2 Likes

TBH that’s one place I’ve never been. Worked in Ashby De La Zouch when I was a boy (apprentice) if that counts?

Doesn’t count.

1 Like

This is why I love Elektronauts. I did a YouTube for drumming in a transit and found this gem… I’ve been wondering who did it for years. As a bonus this is excellent dancing practice music too!

Gotta love a bit of 70’s library stuff. Well, I do!

2 Likes

5 Likes

No need to be agist.

Maybe just stick with the safety dance :vertical_traffic_light:

2 Likes

I wasn’t :ok_hand: Just making a joke about your perception changing as you move past 40 - we’re all in this together mate :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If the inside of your head feels like mine I am so so sorry.

1 Like

It’s the ghoul that stares back at me in the mirror that terrifies me the most

1 Like