Examples of Analog Heat +FX on vocals?

A birthday of a good friend is inching closer and I’m thinking of crowdfunding his birthday gift with our common friends.

He is getting into music and working ITB right now, as a gear gift I thought a FX box for vocals would make him happy (it has come up briefly in conversations).

So I was looking around for multi FX boxes but couldn’t really decide on anything. The aim is not to find a vocal processor in the classical sense but rather something for experimenting.

Started considering Analog Heat +FX - Overbridge would surely be a big pro for him plus it’s obviously a very capable unit for drums/synths, however I found very little material on Youtube/forums which featured AH+FX on vocals/spoken word.

So I’m hoping someone could share some insight! : )

1 Like

for vocals i would rather go for something with proper pitch-shifting / vocoding, like a roland vt something.
or something crazy like a 2nd hand alesis bitrman…

1 Like

The TC Helicon Perform-VE is ridiculous fun, lots of weird pitch fx, vocoding, delay, reverb as well as more ‘useful’ utilities like preamp, eq, de-essing. Even a basic sample player, in-built mic and interface. You’ll know your friend best though and what’s likely to appeal.

1 Like

Definitely not a Syntakt

Doh, what a silly mistake. I guess I can’t keep the Syntakt out of my mind, I have one on its way to me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Vocal FX boxes aren’t as widespread as they used to be with all the things you can do on a computer these days - whether that be live or in post. The TC Helicon stuff gets a +1 from me. My recommendation would be something with dedicated XLR ins and outs, since that is what you will be connecting your mics with in almost all cases. If your microphones require phantom power, you are also going to have to get it elsewhere because the AH:FX isn’t going to be providing it.

Not worth the hassle in my personal opinion, even though you can make it work.

I have a BOSS Acoustic Singer amp that I use with guitar, and it has really nice tracking with its built in harmonizer. You can get that and more out of their dedicated VE-2 pedal.

This might be the biggest red flag against your idea.

I know OB but still, if you’re adapted to working ITB, then OB will be a comparative hassle

What software is he using? Maybe get him an upgrade?

Maybe get him a midi controller?

Software instruments? A cool mic?

If he’s…

Then something with a massive value makes the hefty value of your gift will make his progression into music less natural- he’s stuck into it.

Obvious answer. Get him a Shure 58(beta)

Decent, natural, and a wonderful sounding.

If he needs FX, then get him an FX plug-in set. Arturias is fine from my experience

Well this comment doesn’t make any sense now that we’re out of the Syntakt section!