I don’t think so, IMHO it is rare that the talent to build something worthwhile comes together with the talent to market it for a profit. These are two entirely different skillsets, I’d say the former almost excludes the latter, and vice versa.
Therefore when it comes to profit, it is rarely the most talented, it’s those who have the ruthlessness to do whatever it takes to make that profit. And that usually includes exploiting those with talent.
I also don’t think it’s usually about the right idea or timing but rather capacity for risk-taking, but maybe that’s not in the scope of this thread. Or I don’t know, I guess it could be?
I think they’re calling it ‘passthrough’ software - basically software mashups we’re seeing for the first time. For the lols. I mean we might see Ableton with Logic plugins at this rate lol.
I think it’s interesting the legal side of it and how that comes into play. Sure it’s a Wild West at the moment, but this will all surely get locked down at some point - getting locked out of requests is an interesting idea. “I’m sorry, Dave, I can’t do that.”
And surely the various vendors have their legal battles to deal with, I can imagine the various companies on the end of all this wouldn’t be too happy. You’d think there’d be some litigation against these companies at some point that mitigates some of this use.
Mario 64 inside of Elden Ring is just plain funny, though
It appears to be no problem whatsoever for companies to benefit from AI that has been trained on other people’s code, music, text etc., but the moment their own ability to profit from what they consider “their” intellectual property is only slightly diminished, they don’t like that one bit.
One would think that in the 21st century people have grown to understand that everyone is standing on the shoulders of giants, and intellectual property is nothing more than a legal fiction that should be abandoned, a social construct that has vastly outlived its usefulness, if there ever was any. As a species, we’d be a lot better off without that baggage.
Man, I gotta stop reading these threads. The title areasy makes me feel like shit, then I don’t understand a single word in the first post, and I feel worse with every answer I read. No blame on anyone, but all of this really sucks and makes us depressed without any fun or insight, no?
Definitely don’t go to that @Buad post that just resurfaced.
On a serious note, totally agreed. I need to disappear and touch some grass, I get easily caught up in this stuff. For what? Ain’t nobody changing anybody’s mind, and should they try for that matter
I have access to more tech than ever before, more choices of entertainment than ever before. Yet I’m more depressed and unhealthy than ever before. And everything is about to scale 1000x.
I remember dreaming of a Jetson’s future when I was a wee lad. Be careful what you wish for. At 50+, I now dream of pulling a Thoreau, moving to a simple cabin in the woods, and just unplugging from everything. Okay, maybe I’ll bring my DN with a battery.
I have also turned my whole setup battery powered and bring it to the park whenever I can. Hope you take good care of your health. Starting with yoga made me feel 5-10 years younger than my age.
Health-wise, the crazy part is I know exactly what I need to do (and yeah, yoga is awesome!). My issue is lack of consistency due to serious cases of the sads.
I take my DT or my DN on every vacation and just chill on a couch, staring at the ocean or mountains. It’s the best type of meditation!