Eventide Rose

Hello,
does anyone has some recent thoughts on this pedal?

MIDI comes in through the small USB connection on the side?
How is that for people?

I like where the filter is in the feedback loop.

Thanks.

Most underrated delay pedal, especially for the dropped price. I own dozens of delays and tons of high end ones. This thing is insane. It’s like the spiritual successor to the ehx 16 second delay too. It’s always listening!

1 Like

How does it compare to say DOD’s Rubberneck?

I like the rubberneck a lot!! I have one. I like the rose way more.

1 Like

I love the Rose. Sounds amazing, super flexible, easy to use. The filter adds a ton of character.

There is some talk online about it having a confusing interface but I think that is mostly coming from guitar players who are trying to use presets in a live setting. To be fair, the preset system is pretty opaque, but everything is on the front panel so for my purposes I never need presets. I also don’t use midi with it - for this reason; it’s more of a hands on delay for me than something I’d want to modulate with the Octatrack for instance.

One thing that takes some getting used to is the time knob. Pressing it down while turning gives you course control while regular turns give fine control.

2 Likes

Agree with all of this. I play guitar and synths and have had similar thoughts and experiences.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if their Delay knob has a little bit of play in it? Like if you turn it one way, and then the opposite way.