Eventide H9000

0A211481-3D58-4B56-859C-1319BE7490A1

7 Likes

Total game changer

Oh my GAS (thought it had cleared). Extremely well thought out bit of kit. Eventide seem to getting it right.

E G A D :diddly: :diddly:

Is this one priced like the previous H*000 rack fx models though?

Daddy want

It would be surprised if it costs less than the current H8000FW prices.

Plus there are expansion cards. The digital one for DAW integration is (I think) going to offer 32 channels of I/O. In theory this could allow a whole mix to be done entirely on the H9000, replacing all of your plugins.

Time will tell, but this thing is going to be a BEAST.

2 Likes

Be still my POOR heart.

early comments on the Eventide forum indicate there will eventually be 2 versions - one full panel (as displayed) which will retail for more than the H8000FW, and a headless one (blank front) that will retail for below the H8000FW price. Remote editing will be via some type of software app and definitely not some kind of EVE/NET hardware remote.

Details on the remote editing and actual pricing is still not firmed up/public

6 Likes

Want, but can’t see how I could ever afford it; and if ever a bit of kit needed a lot more i/o’s or a breakout / expander box, this is it.

Just like the Orville and Orville/R :wink:

I’d personally wait until Eventide actually deliver on that front; considering that E-Control was meant to be able to do that with the H8000 series and the Eclipse…

More info over at Sonic State …

1 Like

'Eventide will be exhibiting the H9000, an all-new network-ready, 16-DSP, multi-channel, rackmount audio effects processing flagship, featuring eight times the processing power of the current-generation H8000 at AES New York 2017, October 18-20. ’

Pricing and Availability:
Currently available in limited quantities, general availability of the H9000 is scheduled for March 31, 2018. (The H9000 will be available in two models – standard, with full front panel control, priced at $6,999.00 USD, and the blank front panel H9000R, priced at $4,999.00 USD.)

8 x H8000 power
Crazy stuff

W.A.N.T.!

(But that’s a LOT of money.)

Of course, any of the high end Eventides (Orville, H8000, 7600, 7000) are lifetime units. What I mean is that you can spend the rest of your lifetime with one and never come to the end of the possibilities of what can be done.

Sometimes it’s nice to have simple gear in the rack - delay, flanger, etc with a handful of knobs and to be able to quickly dial in a sound. That kind of gear you can learn and know fairly quickly how to get the sound you want and the range of what can be done. Even higher end stuff like a Lexicon 480L is fairly limited in the possibilities. Yes, there are lots of algorithms, and a few pages of parameters, but it’s fairly limited/focused.

The high end Eventides can keep you entertained and exploring all kinds of possibilities and coming up with stunning new effects for years and years. They are very very deep boxes and you don’t need the 9000 to benefit. The good news is all the 9000 excitement has driven down prices of the other Eventides. Seeing H8000FWs for $3300 US is pretty amazing (yes still expensive) since it’s like buying 2 high end stereo effects for that price. If you just use the analog I/O you have a 4 in 4 out, 2 engine unit at your fingertips. The other Eventides are even lower priced now.

2 Likes

Countersigned. You could spend a lifetime with an Eventide, especially if you harness the power of VSig.

1 Like

Absolute beast.
Expensive but on top of the rediculous DSP power, the unit functions as an extremely high end audio interface with every connection known to man, and when you add up the amount of world class ad/da converters onboard the price is justified.
You can pay this much for top converters alone.
This could replace a hell of a lot of gear in ones studio

1 Like

I love the fact that right below the 9000 is an original SP-2016 which still has one of the best reverbs ever made (Stereo Room is just amazing on pretty much every source) and had some great 3rd party EPROMs (Shimmer Reverb) and crazy capabilities like being able to adjust the listening position front -> back and of course had the Eventide multi-tap delays and such.

Definitely one effects units I was sad to sell (just not using it much, so it and the Quantec QRS had to go).

I’ve recently been using two Eventide H9 pedal p-locked to the gills with my OctaMKii’x2, I’ve had some great success with creating that “3D” sound that most would be familiar with (ala’ Squarepusher, Datach’i, Venetian Snares etc)…I’m curious if we do have any H9000 owners here, what are your thoughts and how do you use it? Cheers

Probably a silly question: is it possible to run the H9000 as a DSP, in addition to a standard interface? or it must be connected as the interface? (or in insert)
(It’s not about aggregating interfaces: I’m on windows and in any case, it doesn’t work well)

I don’t think RNBO for H9000 has been released yet, but it’s coming soon per this thread:

1 Like