Eurorack noobie

You may have just convinced me to sell mine. I’m in the same boat, I thought it would end up being more useful, but I find myself looking for ways not to use it so the computer/phone stays off and I can keep making sounds. Even during the patching/setup phase, where I setup stuff like Pam, Zadar, Hermod, etc, for some reason I make an unconscious effort to stay away from the Disting. Hell, I can’t even justify keeping it as a simple VCO or something since simple VCO’s are not even half the price, might as well get rid of it…
Thanks for the eye opener :slight_smile::+1:

Pretty much, yeah. From page 4 of the manual:

All output parameters assignable to x2 CV inputs with individual software offset, attenuation and monitoring.

You have 2 macros, one is unipolar, the other is bipolar. You can assign only 1 per parameter though.

I’m curious, what sort of setup needs a macro to control 8 clock divisions simultaneously by the same amount ? Trying to understand if Pam is the best choice for you.

1 Like

Oh god no I don’t know if I need all 8. It was just an exaggerated example for claritys sake. But I like to play my modular, make dynamic changes. So it was basically in that vein.

Plus I’m not sure I was looking for the same amount as it seems you can edit how much attenuation and offset it receives. So little changes by way of attenuation, lfo, envelope…mixing it up. Modular!

Everybody needs Pam’s.

You start a patch, you want everything synced so you send the 1 as clock output to a multiple to clock your sequencers, then you add in some random variation to another out, then you add in a reverse saw for modulation to the filter, then you add in another random to control the LFO rate, then another to vary your decay time, then you start being clever and patching a delayed saw to your clock input to add a weird swing, then you do some weird euclidian scale thing, then you do another 8x to control grain triggers on beads… on and on…

I use Pams just controlling Plaits or Clouds. You need more than 1 pams.

2 Likes

https://buchla.com/easel-command-and-208c/

I really think if you have this cash to start out buying a small branded euro-system is the way to go.

• ALM Busy Circuits - System Coupe
  • ACL - System 1
  • Endorphin.es - Shuttle System
  • Erica Synths - Fusion System
  • Make Noise - System Cartesian
  • Make Noise - Tape + Microsound Music Machine

I am slowly building a 104HP Mutable Instruments skiff with an ES-9 interface.

1 Like

Thanks guys, lots of inspiration and ideas! I’ll be busy checking everything

Oh man! I finally took the plunge on Eurorack on Friday and was about to place an order for Beads today- sold out till May :cry:

2 Likes