Gear to be CV/gate sequenced by AF/AK

Arturia Microbrute

monotribe and minibrute here (fx and cv tracks)

I’ve always been intrigued by MFB. Never had the pleasure of owning any MFB gear. I also like Doepfer Dark Energy and SE Boomstar series. There’s so many options right now. An embarrassment of riches. Lol

Xenophone (brilliant piece of kit), minitaur, micromac, SEM, dominion X…

1 Like

I’m currently using a Dark Energy but wishing it was a Mono Lancet. Incidentally, you don’t need the modular dock if you’re clever with a soldering iron and can make a lead for the Vermona.

1 Like

or take the red pill and get a small modular setup…

Also the MFB Synth II, but only receives pitch CV I believe.

Happy with the Minitaur, it does bass very very well. Whatever you do, it just sounds good. Not heard anything that compares to a Taurus/Minitaur, puts the A4 to shame (MFB Synth II comes close with feedback, and certainly more meaty than the A4).

CV wise the Minitaur is very flexible as you can override any default cv mapping to pretty much anything you want. Only problem with the Minitaur is that it doesn’t have enough knobs and needs to be connected up to a pc or external midi control surface to get the most out of it

The best thing to add IMHO is a small modular setup. A nice cheap start would be to get a 32 HP Doepfer A-100 Mini Case (comes complete with a power supply and 4 connector busboard).

Some suggestions:

[ul]
[li]Mutable Instruments Braids macro-oscillator with a Mutable Instruments Ripples filter. This adds a lot of oscillator modes not available from the A4 as well as a very warm, liquid, “Rolandesque” analogue filter.[/li]
[li]A big complex analogue VCO such as the Intellijel Rubicon.[/li]
[li]A complete voice such as the Cwejman VM-1.[/li]
[li]Want the real 303 sound? How about the Acidlab M303.[/li]
[li]Any of the 808 or 909 clone modules.[/li]
[li]…[/li]
[/ul]

:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Pulse , pulse+(yay), pulse 2, nanozwerg , monotron hacks etc

1 Like

Korg ms20 mini, mc/sh stuff from roland

There’s a vid doing the rounds on adding extra outs to mini/micro brute which taps individual VCO shapes and individual LFO shapes, looking fwd to cracking open the micro

+1
The Minitaur absolutely delivers the goods in the bass department. I was hoping I could sell mine when I got the A4 but unfortunately the Minitaur is way superior for bass. You really can’t go wrong with any setting on it. It shines with those big, organic, detailed, smooth and punchy basses. Nothing on the A4 really comes close.

Intellijel Atlantis
Mutable Instruments Braids
Kilpatrick Dual VCO
Make Noise DPO
Endorphin.es Furthrrrr Generator
Xaoc Karl Marx Stadt
Verbos Harmonic Oscillator
Harvestman Piston Honda
Synthesis Technology Morphing Terrarium
Acidlab M303

I use the A4 for some time with the microbrute / minitaur in various combinations and its fantastic!

But if you have to choose just one module for your beginner eurorack setup any of the above would be a FANTASTIC way to add another voice or two to the A4.

@baddcr I was thinking of small dinky monos, so I was referring to the vintage roland stuff, but it may not be cheaper than your reference or new and available !

Futureretro XS

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1994_articles/feb94/rolandsh101.html

http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/mc202.php

&

http://www.mfberlin.de/Produkte/Musikelektronik/Nanozwerg/Nanozwerge/nanozwerge.html

The 202 needs a mod to be useful for this - Kenton do it - bypasses the sequencer quantisation or something…

1 Like

That figures, someone I know has one with about a dozen jacks added to the front, cv everything !! Bit nutty to sequence a sequencer anyways :wink: