ERM Multiclock + Abelton timing is off?

Hi, I have bought a Multiclock and have installed the plugin on a track as explained in the manual. I´m sending audio in from Abelton live and the signal seems fine, and start/stop + bmp is working. But the timing is off. I found out that if I set the shift to -100 things line up. This goes for alle outputs.
Tr8s + Digitakt, Moog, Prophet 6, Eurorack via PAM´s new workout. But this means I can not shift anything backwords. I hear that the Eurorack is a little bit off, and should be offset by a little, but since i´m already -100, I can´t. I figure that this is some settings in Abelton i should fix?
Any and all tips are much appreciated.

1 Like

I think there’s something about this in the manual. I don’t own one but recall something about it in Rickey Martinez’s video about it

1 Like

Why do you have such high latency? What is in your Ableton set that is causing that?

the way i got it to work was…

set -100 negative track delay on the Ableton channel with the multiclock plugin.
on the same channel, use external audio effect and send the audio to muliticlock.

use another audio channel with an external audio effect plugin and change audio ‘from’ to the line-in channel your recording from.

on the multiclock, change machine mode settings to pos/pos.

from the manual…

• you can set machinemode on the multiclock to POS and keep the ability to perform negative shifts using Audio Sync if you
    are able to configure a negative track delay on the Plugin or Sync Track audio output on the DAW. Example: Set the track delay to -100 ms on the DAW and the shift range of the channels to +200 ms. The zero position in time on the multiclock is at +100 ms then and you can move back and forth from there.

I use the same setup here and noticed it gets significantly better if you check both ‘Reduce latency when monitoring’ and ‘Latency compensation’ within Ableton’s options menu. This applies if you indeed are monitoring through Ableton.

I recently bought an es8 for my modular which I use with Ableton Live’s CV tools Clock Out. When I start Live the es8 fires up Pamela New Workout and my DAW is in perfect sync with modular.
It is a different story when I record any audio in Live from my modular. It is off grid. I did use an external audio effect plugin and used ‘Reduce latency when monitoring’ but gave up in the end.