Erm… digitone is bad gear

Bad Gear is a lot better for sure - I enjoy Cinemasins but in very small doses

1 Like

you’re off your head

I love his channel… I pause like mad to read the memes that he flashes across the screen.

Just curious, but as much as I love Elektrons form factor, I believe you’re on the right track about the minifreak… I think it does what the Digitone keys does plus way more… the only compromise would be the slim keys… but I cope with them just fine.

I would love for a video by Pilz on the keys at some point!

Just because on the paper, the Microfreak/Minifreak has all those OSCs - in the end they all do pretty much the same sounds*, and all those sounds I get out of the Digitone … and more … and with much more control …

I had the Microfreak, did a lot with it but didn’t keep it, and am in awe of the Digitone.

(*This may seem like a stupid statement, but I am serious about it and could elaborate further if needed :stuck_out_tongue: )

7 Likes

Same, it’s so versatile and sounds so good.

4 Likes

I guess the difference for me is that Bad Gear really goes for proving how silly the reviews are whereas CinemaSins can regurgitate them bad reviews, as a “joke”, but loses track of what’s a hot take and what’s making. fun of hot take makers.

At this point i’d rather watch Maggie Mae Fish or Redlettermedia give more effort to criticism over more internet opinions.

I keep laughing about “THE WORKFLOW”. That was so good.

7 Likes

Yeah, that branching out a bit makes me think of his strong points; know-how and jams.
He could just go on with one synth jams and info. I would be watching that.

The Digitone is so good, I have to remind myself that I can sample it into my DigiTAKT to keep me from buying a second one for which I don’t have space anyway blaaaaa …

Edit: Gaaaaaaaaah

7 Likes

They added sampling? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Digslexia : a malady that causes one to confuse the Digitakt and Digitone

10 Likes

I read that as m’lady. Thought you were being oldtimey polite.

4 Likes

Your comment is

florian makes me laugh and does a good job at reviewing music gear. his music ain’t bad either

1 Like

oh man, if he did one on the T5, i’d lose it

my problem with the negative reviews he copy/pastes into a collage in these, is that they are so off the mark, they are 90% irrelevant. There are actual valid criticisms of elektron boxes from people who really understand how to work with them. but his entire criteria for “bad gear” is that he can “fill a screen with all the negative comments”

“looks awful to me” “tedious” “yawn” “yuch uber hipster vibe” “i absolutely wont buy one” “diggy toon”

i don’t feel that he’s self aware enough or has the capacity for nuance required to pull of a facetious caricature of “negative synthfluencer” for laughs. but that’s just one man’s opinion

oh, and as usual, synth youtubers aren’t the greatest at actually making music (in my opinion)

2 Likes

Is there a convenient address in which Florian can reach you to find out if the individual data points in his sentiment analysis are valid?

The irony, it burns

10 Likes

how come im the only one who gets flagged when i defend myself with a “mean post”

i didnt say his points were invalid, i said the comments he uses in that specific screen shot are not all actual useful critiques. they are “looks dumb” and other non-sequitors from people who haven’t owned one

where is my lack of awareness?

*edit: no, you’re silly!

Nout to do with me! I didn’t think your comment was inappropriate, just silly.

2 Likes

dammit

haha but no seriously it’s just a funny video - I think you’re taking it a bit too seriously. Besides, ‘looks dumb’ is perfectly valid criticism, I might not agree, but that’s beside the point.

3 Likes

oh, i see. youre a synth youtuber yourself. well i wasn’t talking about you. you’re obviously the exception

I’m really glad i found your channel, by the way. this is very good stuff

seriously though, i was not talking about anyone who just posts music to youtube.

i happen to think that the average comment here is much more focused and constructive. but again, thats my opinion (as i’ve said)

i dont think it’s funny. and obviously thats subjective, but an eastern european using mostly western memes is likely to have some level of disconnect whether its a language barrier or cultural differences. or just his sense of humor. my point is, without the premise that its ironic, it loses all of the defenses people make for his channel, in my opinion. my opinion

the other thing is, it’s just a mess of insincere “mocking” of something(?), whether he’s mocking online critics, developers, the gear itself, the fans of the gear isn’t clear and i don’t think he knows either. but objectively, there’s no way that anything elektron is “bad gear” relative to anything else on the market. sound, features, capability, depth, price, originality. I get that the typical defense is that “he’s not actually saying it’s bad”, but i’m not sure i buy that. he’s also done reviews on the beat thang & the casio rapman. so i dont really see the consistency in that presumption