Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

I bought a used one that was in awful condition. I kind of wish I hadn’t. But it’s forcing me to find workarounds. It’s basically tied to the pyramid if I ever want to use it, no buttons. The knobs are in haggard shape and always changing the data for me. It has a mind of its own lol

Unsolder them and stick new ones in.
Probably easier than you think.

3 Likes

The keyword here is Probably : )

I spoke to my local retailer and the official release date is next week.

i got a date of the 12th of july from mine (in UK)

You are a hero and a scholar for providing this link, I am 100% sold on this thing.

1 Like

I hope it’s possible to install custom firmwares without hassle like on lxr “classic”.

I’d stick with stock Erica version, I hope it’s had a bit of a bug fix pass and has access to fx and may hav needed changes for the interface to work.
Likely they would remove bits too (multi out/cv out options for example)
No idea which one they started with though.

https://www.ericasynths.lv/support/drum-synthesizer-lxr-02/

8 Likes

Thank you. Been looking forward to this.

Last i tried to do something like that I destroyed something.

@AdamJay

64 patterns and 64 kits and 64 songs per project. 64 projects on the sd card.
Seems like it doesn’t have the 8 pattern limitation.

*Edit, not seems it’s gone, it is gone. :wink:

2 Likes

“The LXR operates with all data (Kits, Patterns, Songs etc) loaded into the internal RAM.”

1 Like

Wondering how its structured…
4 banks x16 patterns?

5 Likes

Sounds exactly like my original lxr, need to hear more of those additional effects and ring mod etc

1 Like

What kind of music did you make with your lxr? I want to know how hard this machine can go.

It’s definitely a techno machine in my book

1 Like

Comes alive with external effects, I shove it through Kosmonaut on my iPad and sounds great, I’ll never sell it although it doesn’t cover all drum needs

1 Like

I guess you could make an alternate copy of a kit that has FX dialled up on all the sounds and then morph to the alternate copy to apply FX to all channels simultaneously. Unless there’s a simpler way, haven’t dug through everything yet.