Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

OK, it might not have been obvious what I was doing. I wasn’t mixing samples and LXR drums.

Here is the sample based CR-8000 kit in Ableton (I don’t actually think there is a “stock” kit, but this is probably one I made from samples I had).

And this it a kit I made on the LXR-02

This is a CR-78 kit I had in Ableton

And this is my LXR-02 emulation of the CR-78

I hope this made more sense.

9 Likes

sonic potions made the OG LXR so i want to think they’d wanna keep this thing up to speed too. maybe jibbing them a bit would make them jib ES a bit.

LXR02 in these audios are angry. Is an angry an rude machine. Good work, I’m going to try to emulate some classic drumboxes

One would think so yes but I wrote to Sonic Potions a number of times with no replies.
But I have been writing back and forth with Erica Synths support.

2 Likes

The problem imho with this machine is that the workflow isnt friendly, at least for me. You cant copy/paste steps afaik, with is weird, for example.

The sequencer of DB01 is awesome, I don’t understand why with the same design the didn’t made a machine with a better workflow

1 Like

I decided on the Perkons over the LXR-02 because of this.
I could see myself using the LXR as a sound module for my RYTM but price difference aside, the Perkons felt like a better idea to me.

2 Likes

You can copy/paste steps (and a whole load of other cool functions) with the Brendan Clarke firmware on the OG LXR. You don’t have the faders and the insert fx but that’s a small price to pay IMHO for all the extra features Brendan put into his brilliant mod-see here for a full list:

http://brendanclarke.com/files/LXR/Readme%20-%20firmware%20additions%20to%20v.36.txt

I’d consider selling your LXR-02 and picking up an OG version…

4 Likes

Man I would sure enjoy some of those features on my LXR-02. Erica Synths: get on it please! The LCR-02 is close to legendary - take it there!

2 Likes

I’ve been watching and I can’t find a place to buy one OG

Just came back in stock at Perfect Circuit. Crazy you posted I was just looking at it, 2 minutes ago.

Whoops, sorry you want the OG. Yeah don’t know about that one. Sorry.

1 Like

Just gotta keep your eye on eBay and reverb etc… One comes up from time to time. But not often. Good luck!

1 Like

I asked this awhile back about the LXR-02 support MIDI CC for morph. AFAICT the OG LXR with Brendan Clarke firmware supports a MIDI CC for morph. Can anyone who has it confirm? It also looks like this is at the global level and voice level.

Yes Brendan Clarke firmware supports global and voice morph via CC - see here for full details:

http://brendanclarke.com/files/LXR/Readme%20-%20firmware%20additions%20to%20v.36.txt

1 Like

Wait, the desktop module doesn’t have morph as a CC parameter? The eurorack version does (well, for CV). I’d have to imagine it must be coming.

Oh yes?

5 Likes

Occasionally it coughs up BLOOD!

1 Like

Hello,

I neeld a little help please. I love my unit but something drives my crazy.

I want to use it as a slave in Ableton, receiving bpm from host. But when in Live rec, it always kind of double triggering the sound. Not recording the double trigger. But I hear it twice when I press the button. It’s annoying as hell and it makes it almost impossible to use with Ableton.

Maybe it has something to do with midi sync settings ? Please tell me someone had the same issue and fixed it.

thx.

What I’ve found works is to mute the drum sound (using the button under the respective fader) when programming live. You’ll hear the sound trigger (and only once) while using the trigger buttons, however you’ll need to unmute the part right after to hear where it was programmed in the pattern. Let me know if this solution works for you.

Maybe the LXR is sending note data out to Ableton and then coming straight back again? Depends how you’ve got your Ableton channel setup for monitoring. I don’t know if the LXR-02 has the following setting but on the LXR OG there is a setting for transmit midi filter (TXF) in settings. You can tell the LXR to not send midi notes out. Maybe try that?

This was a good idea. However I tested it out by turning off all outgoing (mtx) and incoming (mrx) settings except Start/Stop and the double triggering still happened. I had a feeling that in my case it wouldn’t matter since I experienced the same issue as @kevkevkevz even though I had no MIDI channel/track in Ableton that could have been passing the data through, only an audio channel to monitor it.

1 Like