Erica Synths Fusion Box

Did you guys see this mindmelting box? -One of the coolest items I’ve seen this NAMM, next to Digitakt, MPC Live and Dreadbox Abyss. I’m totally GASing!
I guess the Fusion Box is kind of a competitor to the Analog Heat, as it has an analog tube distortion circuit, LFO, and it also has two kinds of BBD-types wich sounds awesome. A very hands-on interface.
Holy cow!

3 Likes

Looks great and very close in price to the Heat.

It also exists as an eurorack module. I think, they mentioned 400€ so it is cheaper than the heat. I will definately think about it

sounds on point

thx

I would have jumped on this in half a heartbeat, but once I saw the mono input my GAS faded away. Still got my eyes on the :heat:

1 Like

mono input is not a problem, it depends on what you wanna use it.
This “stereo mania” do not often correspond to real stereo-needs.
On the other side stereo means double, in that case I can understand.
Where you can see the price of this Fusion Box?

In one of the videos he mentioned something about 400€.
I feel the same for the stereo. If it effects only the panning that monk input might be no issue

Mono vs stereo Jus depends where you want it in the chain really (and if you want to pan the effect) stereo means it can go anywhere in the chain (i.e. At the end of a stereo mix)

This this seems aimed at drums and mono synths compared to Heat and is more a delay with distortion circuits than a Swiss army box like heat. Looks good tho. I personally couldn’t really hear much changing when he started jamming on it. Tho I guess that’s the recording.

1 Like

Ahh, it’s mono in stereo out? Bummer. And here I thought this just might be the ultimate delay pedal for me…

Mono in stereo out is not bad, but lessens flexibility of setup (and interfacing with DJ mixers with their pesky stero rca fx sends a compromise). YMMV

1 Like

Hello elektron world ( kodek reference)
Some of you have or recomend the fusion box pedal?
I sometimes even think about the fusion system as the dirtiest possible bass synth to be sequenced by a4

1 Like

Sorry, was already a topic : (

1 Like

There there- it happens to all of us :slight_smile:

1 Like

3 page review, linking to 2nd page as the first page is the intro and praise for Erica Synths’ commitment to the correct amount of stickers arriving with every product sold …

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2017/09/erica-synths-fusionbox-review-an-analog-stompbox-for-deep-dirty-effects.html/2

My local retailer just started selling these, so with the option to pay in installments in place, I just couldn`t resist. Should have one within a month.

Hoping this will be the last ”mojo” delay pedal I will ever need!

I’ve played with one at my retailer this weekend. This is really really massive. I brought my OP1 with me so I’ve send some basses throught the box, instant fat sound. I will probably grab the module wich offer an input as a modulation source, the basic LFO on the standalone box is not very useful IMO.

What I didn’t know is that the max delay time on the module is 200ms while it’s 800ms on the standalone box. Damned ! That sucks !

I just read one review of the fusionbox from a german site/blog and some comments, saying that the fusionbox is super noisy. Anyone have any experiences about this? Or is it just users not optimizing their gain structure, as is quite common these days…?

Yes, its definitively super noisy, also with annoiing hiss sound, if the colour ( lp filter) is full open. I used it with dominion 1 but just with hifi speakers and with adequate sounds from syth and careful closing of filter and other adjustments its able of sometimes nice sounds.
I used it with tanzbär and a4 as drummie ( with headphones) and came to my beloved caustic window, djax up territory.
The hiss is annoying and sometimes seems you cant turn off lfo completely is very annoying.
But i think its nice to waste money for unnecessary uncontrollable noise.
( and sometimes be surprised by sweet stereo delay sound)

gThanks for your thoughts. Will certainly need to respect the 30-day return period with this one then. Hoping the noise will be manageable as the fusionbox is otherwise looking like a pretty superb pedal for the type of things Im interested in doing with it…