Erica Synths Black System II

well, well, well.

I guess having this thing coming out and also my experience with Erica Synths (the gear as well as the communication with them) so far… the Make Noise Shared System most likely will have to go.

Sequenced by and run back into the OT… Pretty sure this could be a lot of fun.

Cheers,
Manolo

3 Likes

i will be getting this, just need to ebay a kidney

3 Likes

The price is a reasonable €2900

:joy:

Looks gorgeoous ! I would not mind having one at home :slight_smile: Erica synth seems famous for their agressive/techno sound, I wonder if it can sound warm/lush as well ?

1 Like

I mean for what you get in eurorack it’s reasonable.

Now whether eurorack is a reasonable financial venture…

2 Likes

I know, it’s totally fine, just had to laugh at the phrasing of that one. This hobby can be such a money pit.

• posted from modulargrid while I price up an expansion to my grandmother like an idiot
4 Likes

:joy:

But yes, it’s a money pit. But it’s just so relaxing. Sitting there, plugging cables, turning knobs, no menus to remember, just waiting for things to happen.

2 Likes

+1, if I hadnt build a 2x 84HP skiff around the techno system, I would for sure get this one too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha I thought about you while discovering this system…

Jingo would have insta-bought this if he didn’t have his skiff :smile:

1 Like

I will save up… Once again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Want badly

Bro once I buy this …
No more modules. I’m set for life (said by no one)

1 Like

Hi @manolo why would you get rid of your MN system vs this? Interested in your opinion

@Munro really nailed it, answering my pic of the MNSS in the “setup”-thread:

I’m not saying that I don’t like to enjoy the explorative side of modular, but Synths and Drum Machines are a hobby that is only taking place when my little girl is asleep and the big girl is finding herself something to watch on TV :smiley:

So this somehow limits the time I can spend on exploration as I’m also dependent on a stable Income which means I should be as awake as possible during daytime when being at the office.

If money would not matter at all, I would just shelve the MNSS until I find the time to do it justice. There are some really wonderful patches out there for this thing, but right now I am rather looking for the best trade-off between “using modular for it’s immediacy and it’s surprising elements” and “getting musical results rather sooner than later”.

And for that, the Black System looks way more suitable than the MNSS…

I mean, for heaven’s sake, the Morphagene is just a 4-week-exploration on it’s own :smile: The Erbeverb isn’t just putting reverb on your sounds, it drowns it with artefacts. You really need to explore, to absorb, to learn. I’m still not sure how to actually work with a Low Pass Gate rather than a Filter. Sure, it’s all rewarding once you got your head around it, but I just don’t have the dedication at the moment. I did get some really nasty basslines out of it though :smiley:

And well, being that the Balck System isn’t exactly cheap, something has to go and that’s how I land on the MNSS. No final decision made, but right now, it all points to that direction :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Manolo

PS: Wow, that answer got longer than expected :smiley: Obviously something i needed to write offe my chest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I totally agree with you then. It’s taken me a year to understand mine with the little free time I have. RE: the filter. I ordered a qpas to get over that. However I do quite enjoy the LPG as well. It is just pure serge , wiard and buchla worship so I don’t blame anyone for wanting something more immediate. It really does take time!

Anyway the Russian polivoks synth vibe you get from the new Erika system does sound absolutely class! So whatever you go for you will be happy! :smile:

1 Like