Envelope curve options: which is closest to a particular analog ADSR?

I’m trying to emulate the response of the analog envelope on my Intellijel Atlantis. Which of the many curve options will get me there? I’m thinking 3 or 4, but if others have been through this, I’d love to know. I realize that there’s a wide range of “analog” envelopes, and I’m trying to emulate the response range of this one in particular:

Of course, I could just use the envelope on the Atlantis, but if I can do the envelope inside the A4, then I can P-lock it, have different presets ready to go, etc.

Without any proper docs of the hardware the best way is to examine a recording to see visually how the envelope shapes a (simple) sound. Everything else would be simply guess-work.

1 Like

You have an AF and an Atlantis, so you could compare them yourself. There are only 6 shapes to try!

Intellijel has useful information (PDF):

Since the Atlantis tries to emulate the SH-101, you could also use existing information on the internet:
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=SH-101+envelope+shape

AFAIK the A4 doesn’t provide the wanted logarithmic form of the attack phase which is very typical for hardware envelopes (it’s the loading curve/power saturating of a capacitor).

1 Like

Exponential you mean?

No. The attack phase isn’t exponential (as can be seen in the pdf above). It’s curved the other way around. It starts rising fast and then approaches the end slowly. As I wrote: that’s a typical curve when you load up a capacitor.