Endorphin.es fx pedals!

There s a few new video’s on the GM product page. This one gives the best overview. Although the demo is so so (as all the other vids there). The mix he s sending into it is just bad. Yeah sure eq’ing that is gonna sound better. Nice M/S though.

Also the bit about the limiter is bs.

Would like to see better reviews.

2 Likes

The GM looks pretty interesting to me but I think it’s something I’d need to play with in person. I don’t think it has midi presets like the Ghost either does it?

These two videos of Oora give a very good overview:

@DaveMech maybe an idea to review the golden master in your dawless mastering chain series? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw those but I also thought the GM one doesn’t do a great job at demonstrating its sound.

@DaveMech iirc you will test the golden master pedal, right? :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Yeah would love to. I’ll ask if they’re up for sending me a unit as a lone to try it out :+1:

9 Likes

Awesome :wink: :muscle:

1 Like

Cool i’ll ask too, we never know :joy:

1 Like

These might end up in my rig. Those @fredweb videos are nice.

Agreed. I wish he had volume-matched the compressed signal to the uncompressed so we could get a clearer understanding of what it was actually affecting.

Ordered myself one (together with the Golden Master), curious to see how it fares on synths and drum machines.

2 Likes

Interested to hear your thoughts on the ghost when you get it! Pretty keen on one!

1 Like

Just ordered a Golden Master, arriving Wednesday. Pretty stoked! Bought for exclusive use on Elektron gear.

Got the Golden Master 10% off at Perfect Circuit and the discount should work on Ghost too. Sale lasts two more days for all the U.S. Nauts.

2 Likes

I think it’s going to take me some time to fully explore it. Reading the manual, it looks quite complex and - I hope - should lend itself to a wide range of applications.

1 Like

Is anyone having issues with the delay line when midi synced? In the Matt lowery video it’s mentioned that you can’t get a totally clean delay when midi synced, it has a vibrato effect on the delay line. Anyone else have that issue?

1 Like

Feel free to share your experiences once you have received it and worked with it for a while!

1 Like

I have received a Golden Master Pedal on Friday, and spent some time with it on the weekend. Here’s my first impressions:

At first I was seriously underwhelmed, because:

• it sometimes freezes (end emits a high pitched annoying sound when it does)
  • it doesn’t start up properly from the PSU I connected it to (which has so far worked just fine for years with lots of other pedals)
  • there’s a notable and annoying click when true bypass is engaged (so I turned on buffered bypass)
  • there’s quite some noise when the unit is active
  • the purple active LED does not go off in buffered bypass mode

The presets stored in the device did not sound good at all with my music, they took away a lot of dynamics, bass and transparency, and things just sounded flat and lifeless.

It took me some time to dial in a sound that actually sounded better than the raw sound I was feeding in. What I did was reset all bands (hold MODE for a few seconds), then adjusted VOLUME to 80% and MIX to about 50% and went from there, gradually bringing in the compressor on each band, and adjusting the EQ accordingly, because at least to me it feels like the autogain does not do what I’d expect.

What’s really a problem for live use is that mix and volume share the same knob, because in most cases that means you can’t change the mix and then adjust the level gradually to mach without noticeable jumps in volume.

There’s the same issue with the LO/MIDI/HI BAND knobs, virtually impossible to gradually adjust the compressor and then the EQ without values jumping around.

The manual does not contain a picture of the signal flow, here’s what I came up with. It’s probably wrong, but as a working hypothesis it appears good enough.

I’m still divided, I will need to spend more time with it to figure out whether or not I’ll keep it.

10 Likes

Hmm, what kind of music are you running through it?

Mine is supposed to arrive Wednesday and I’m already having second thoughts because I tested running my Elektrons through AUM (iOS) with Fabfilter plugs and the latency was totally acceptable for pattern playback.

Yep, I commented on the video and shared that midi delay problem. It’s annoying!

2 Likes

Just a simple Acid track, a few drums from Syntakt, and a few sounds from a TB-03, MB33, DB-01 and NF-1m

2 Likes