Empress Zoia // Euroburo

(At least) one person is working on it. Maybe check theirs out and see what you can do…

https://patchstorage.com/fog-a-granular-textural-synthesizer/

1 Like

That’s the plan. And with 24 LFOs?? :surfing_woman:

1 Like

Can it do
Tempo syncd stuff.(delays , Lfo sweeps etc)
Vocoder type things (either with built in synth carrier or external carrier + audio input)
Can i put samples on it via storage and make drum machine etc.

I watched cuckoo’s latest vid from super booth and it looks quite intuitive , it seems to be gaining more interest than the mod duo device (which is quite expensive )
The reverbs sound nice , i’’l keep an eye on patch storage as they seem to feature audio examples too , very handy if you don’t have one.

Yes.
Dunno.
Not yet but definitely coming.

I guess the mod duo got delayed. And from (the little) I’ve heard it doesn’t sound nearly as nice as the Zoia.

2 Likes

No mention of the bypass? so guessing it’s buffered only with no option for analog bypass.

Is this pedal suited for LINE input or more suited and designed for instrument input ?

Thinking of two of these but want signal to be pristine
One for a stereo EFX unit for my Matrixbrute --analog EFX are not that great on MB
Another other for a send return EFX unit for my Prime X1800 DJ mixer.
Thanks in advance

How’s the reverb on this?

1 Like

A vocoder should be doable. Everything you need to build one is present (a lot of bandpass filters and envelope followers, seems like). Someone who wanted to try building a vocoder would just have to copy the Nord Modular patch here, in section 8.1 “vocoder techniques” - http://www.cim.mcgill.ca/~clark/nordmodularbook/nordmodularbook.pdf

(that book is a goldmine for Zoia explorations)

6 Likes

the percussion/noise/texture on this track is Digitakt drums into Zoia [4 loopers, different low-pass filter for each looper, all summing into a plate reverb, heavy tweaking of filter frequencies and filter Qs throughout]:

10 Likes

Good old Glitch…

1 Like

Do the filters ping?

Yep, you can hear filter pinging on that “phasic fog” track I just posted. Turn the filter frequency down and the filter Q up, and you get resonant pinging to your heart’s content.

2 Likes

Thanks @vaporlanes good to know and nice track!

1 Like

Thanks re5et.
Finally happen across this – Andreas really shows what the Zoia can do in this.

3 Likes

Seems really good for both. I even used a VCA to give a dynamic mic input enough gain for vocals, and there was no noise! Mic was going in via an XLR to 1/4 cable, a method that never worked very well on my Octatrack.

So far I’ve tried stereo line in from my Deluge, the above vocal setup, and guitar, and all have been great.

2 Likes

I love this track. How were you kicking off the loopers? What’s the synth line being played by? It sounds pretty random…

1 Like

I’m fighting the GAS on this one. It is proving challenging

9 Likes

Thanks! I kicked off all four loopers manually before recording, they’re all microseconds apart from each other giving them that smeared effect. Synth line is an OB-6 I was improvising on by hand, affected by Bitwig 3’s FX grid. Not random, just me trying to sound a bit floaty and disconnected :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Ah, nice. I can’t get over how damn flexible the machine is! I just need to find more time to play with it…

(Following you on SC now, too!)

2 Likes