Empress Zoia // Euroburo

yeah that empress takes the cake. I love it when somethings so deep it ruins everything else so that definitely looks like my cup of tea. look forward to seeing them in the wild. I like the whole organelle type thing but I use reaktor so I didn’t want to open another software can of worms but in pedal format I might reconsider

3 Likes

OK!

4 Likes

if the FX sound decent when real reviews drop its gonna be a definite buy from me. fingers crossed. watched the vid like three times now, cant really grasp how it works but I get the idea. super interested in this one

Might replace both pedals I bought this past Black Friday with this one, depending on how it turns out.

I googled it for more info because it’s really amazing and confusing. Couldn’t find much yet though

For some reason it’s reminding me of the classic ‘Glitch VST’.
Multiple effects triggered in a sequenced fashion, with lots of crazy randomness.

6 Likes

This is completely ridiculous and I must have it.

wow, this will pair well with my modular! Want!

I miss the word granular…
To include this too would be fantastic… And I would happily rip 450 bucks out of myself… kidney or so…

1 Like

More exciting than any synth revealed thus far.

4 Likes

Agreed. I think this might be the coolest bit of gear I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

Hell, I was stoked about the bastl thyme. This thing already looks to blow it out of the water in both features and price.

I saw the knobs video for this yesterday and thought ‘now there’s something I definitely don’t need.’ Halfway through the video I was searching for a preorder

5 Likes

Sounds great. I recently got an Eventide Space reverb pedal that seems to play in the same class.

1 Like

It’ll happen i’ve no doubt.

1 Like

This essentially IS a modular synth, just like Organelle. Very cool, I like the simplicity of the interface but I’m working at learning Pure Data to evetually get the freedom to create anything i want and I’m not sure quite the same freedom is available here. Ready to be wrong though. I wonder how sample/module capacity and storage is handled, what the specs are on RAM, processing power etc. Organelle has some wildly complex shit handled, but a few patches I’ve seen stretch it to the point of screen stuttering/crackles in sound.

2 Likes

Hmm, I’m not sure that Organelle is all that useful as a comparison point, given “able to code patches from the ground up in a fairly popular visual language” is a major selling point for Organelle. Perhaps this would be like an Organelle where you’re limited, more or less, to whatever patches Critter & Guittari come up with. A non-Eurorack-focused ER-301 would probably be a better comparison point.

As for the grid - usually sequencing is the obvious use case for a grid interface, but I didn’t see that in the video. I’m not entirely sure what it’s for or how it fits into the idea. I’m very intrigued though! I’m ready to save up money for this thing without even understanding it.

In my post I acknowledge the likely limitations (we don’t know yet), but the comparisons with Organelle are fairly obvious to me. In fact, I’d say the majority of organelle users don’t make their own patches.

1 Like

So first off, I love empress effects. I own one of their pedals, the multi drive, it is great. And I’ve tried other of their effects and loved those too.
But this things looks like too much in too small a box. It’s like molekular or something with the worlds smallest UI. Not sure how I feel about it.

1 Like

Come on mate. Get with the times.
Music is only produced by dwarfs now, or for the more politically correct, people that are extremely small.
I’m over 6 foot with normal hands, and apparently should no longer produce music :joy:

4 Likes