Elk-herd with digitakt 1.20

Hi all,
Has anyone been able to “Fetch Project” from digitakt since updating firmware?
Cheers

Check the last handful of post here

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/elk-herd-3-0

2 Likes

Hey all! I didn’t get ahead of the curve on this one… and haven’t gotten elk-herd to be be compatible with the changes in 1.20. It should be pretty easy, and I have all the technical information I need… but I’m in the middle of 3 projects… so will try to get to this in the coming week.

Sorry for the delay and temporary break in service!

• Mark
15 Likes

I’m sorry Elektron hasn’t decided to pay you and incorporate this. Super useful!

4 Likes

I ran out of storage on my DT 2 days ago so I had to inform myself about storage/backup solutions:
C6 is not running on my macOS, then I read about Elk Herd and was very close to downloading it and stuff (its a verry nice project, keep going!) but then I realised that I already was using Sysex Librarian few hours before to get OS 1.20 on my DT and that I can also receive sysex (project data) with sysex librarian on my computer.
It works great for me, sending data to the DT is quite slow but no problem.

Okay, but the project data is small, what drains my storage are the samples on the +drive.
I did a backup of my whole +drive to dropbox and now just leave all the empty projects on the DT itself.— in the future naming all projects with the corresponding backupnumber/name included. So all projects remain on DT, when I want to play a specific project I simply load the matching +drive backup.
Is this smart or am I missing something? Or am i completely wrong? What do you think?

Cheers

No probs Mark! Elk- herd is awesome! I tried to see if I could help figure out what was going on by looking at the “source” and settings some break points in the chrome dev view but it looks like it’s minified so hard to figure out :smiley: :smiley:
Looking forward to it :slight_smile:
Thanks!

3.0.1 just released, now supports Digitakt OS 1.20

14 Likes

Amazing, thanks so much!! I may buy you a 2nd breakfast in the future :blush:

MZERO for the WIN!

***YO ELEKTRON — GIVE THIS GUY A JOB ALREADY!!!

2 Likes

Awesome!

I just upgraded my Digitakt to 1.20 and now I can no longer connect to elk-herd.
Not seeing Digitakt show up for Midi In or Midi Out.

:frowning: