Elektron's thinking with DT release

Elektron seem like some super clever humans. Can’t figure out why they’d release DT in such a beta state?

Seems very likely they knew about 90% the bugs but felt like a public release (without warning of issues) was the best way to squash them. But after repeatedly saying they were aiming for a new market area/new customers with DT this seems crazy in terms of intentionally giving people such a lame ‘first taste’ of Elektron?

I dont get it. Why release in such a rush? Surely most of these bugs were identified already by Cenk/HQ and should have been ironed out before shipping any units? Or customers at least warned. Feels kinda shady/dishonest with lack of respect for customers and their hard-earned cash?

I didn’t pre-order but I’d be pissed if I had. People seem very forgiving on here re Elektron but if it was another company and they’d just forked out £600+ for something that didn’t work I think it’d be a very different story. And one of the main reasons I’d be interested in DT is the separate tracks via OB, which isn’t even available yet and no doubt will bring more problems that we have to wait to evaluate. Just seems a very weird/self-important way to release a box?

They should have waited or at least been totally forthcoming about the issues throughout. It’s left a bad taste in my mouth and I haven’t even parted with any money… Feels like a negative thing to post but I feel like some trust/respect/enthusiasm has been taken advantage of. Not cool… Some kind of genuine explanation and public road map for DT (a la Pioneer/Akai) would be a good move to let customers back ‘inside’ after treating them so poorly…

2 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Digitakt out now!