Elektronauts live online jams?

Has anyone ever thought of Elektronauts live music events in a stream? I’m thinking of something in the vein of More Kicks Than Friends by Ned Rush.

It’d be a fun way to brush up on live performance skills in a pretty relaxed environment. As well as an opportunity for gear talk and Q&A and such.

7 Likes

No interest in something like this?

I’ve never done it myself, but have you heard of this ? -> https://gsg.live/

No elektron focus, but otherwise close to what you’re asking about.

I’d definitely tune in for regular (or not) streamed live sets. Jams, not so much

1 Like

Actually, this may be a better link for the live stuff: https://gsg.live/synthon/

a live elektronauts channel would be interesting.

7 Likes

A Discord channel could work too, sounds like a fun idea to me.

2 Likes

Hi Elektronauts!

I represent the above-mentioned GSG.live, an artist-ran independent global movement of live electronic music streamers, synth enthusiasts, and other innovative creators.

We specialize in live-streamed synth live music and related performances (no djs) and throw weekly and monthly multi-day non-stop events hosted on our website https://GSG.live and Twitch.

There is a modular centered event every Monday, a techno/underground focused event every Friday and on Sunday’s we have a free-for-all event open to any kind of performance.

About 10 times per year we celebrate SynthOn!, a multi-day marathon of electronic live performances by artists from all over the planet. Usually the event has some sort of theme. We do a 303, 808 and 909 special around the respective calendar dates, and other themes like ‘SpaceOut’, ‘The Perfect Glitch’ and ‘We Can’t be Serious’. Furthermore we have special events around certain holidays like Haloween, Pride Month and 4/20. As an example you can find a highlight stream of last ambient/chillout event (SynthOn SpaceOut) right here:
youtube.com/live/OqfasuiPF08?si=uDY0_dYAWpeaaHNZ&t=511

We are not Elektron-focused, but many performers are using one or more Elektron devices, and our events welcome all kinds of electronic music artists.

If you like to experience what a synthhead-ran streaming ‘platform’ sounds and looks like, you can always check out our main page at GSG.live where there is almost 24/7 one or more of our members streaming music live to the internet.

Want to look into live streaming your music yourself? We are all about helping folks get their rig connected to the internet and have a quick start guide available at GSG.live/start. Also our Discord (GSG.live/join) is aimed at helping folks to stream and throw events.

At this time we utilize Twitch as a platform for our streams (for reasons like the ‘raid’ function where you can take all your viewers to the next performer to create lineups/events).

Besides music stream events, we do an event called GSG Talks where we stream all kinds of educational content, rig rundowns and gear talk.

If you guys need any help or ideas about throwing online music stream events or are looking to partner up with a community doing this for years, reach out to us in our Discord or our website.

Oh, and you can also find us at Knobcon Chicago and Superbooth Berlin every year.

If you have any questions or like to join in on one of our events (always free) just lets us know, we are a very welcoming, inclusive and supportive bunch of synth weirdos.

Cheers!
GSG.live | The Golden Shrimp Guild

11 Likes