Elektronauts in northern california?

So I used to live down in socal with tons of music scene and Elektronauts. Now I am in northern California and hard to find jam sessions especially now with COVID. Are there any Elektronauts here in Sacramento? Would be fun to get a jam group going so after COVID we can do events. I am getting into modular more now but still make heavy use of my two Elektron boxes.

1 Like

What genre(s) are you interested in playing? What kind of folk are you compatible with?
I moved further north (humboldt) a few years ago but spent a good 10 years living in or just outside the greater Sacramento area. There’s a lot of great musicians lurking around, but much like any other city, it takes a while to get tapped in. Keep an eye on SubMerge and SacNews&Review for who’s playing shows/dropping albums locally.
UC Davis has a great college radio station that serves as a good local platform and bulletin board for events… local bands get played often depending on the host/show/timeslot… 90.3 KDVS. https://kdvs.org/

2 Likes

ambient, experimental and industrial techno music are the genres I play. I prefer easy going people who are patient, open minded and no egos willing to share equally and collaborate. Big issue with a lot of musicians is the ego and id take over thus ruin bands often times. Thanks for the heads up. After COVID, I need to hit up KDVS as I am an Aggie UCD grad and it is in my backyard. Would be fun to play a set on my Elektrons and modular for the station to get noticed and meet like minded folks.

2 Likes

I’m in Sacramento. Keep an eye on the Red Museum when things open up. It’s an art space/ small music venue that my cousin runs. They have a lot of very cool events and specifically host a monthly (pre covid) Sunday morning modular/experimental thing called Audio Waffle (yes there are waffles available).

6 Likes

Good information to know. I’m also in the greater Sacramento area. Will have to check out the Red Museum soon!

3 Likes

I’m in Sacramento as well. Definitely down for meet-ups or jams once things get stabilized. @Cepheid and @sacguy71, I think I’ve reached out to both of you at one time or another. FYI, I am 45 (how the hell did that happen?) but feel comfortable working/hanging with people both younger and older. I’ve been a traditional musician since my teens, lots of bands, and started dj’ing around ‘96. I had the odd piece of hardware here and there, but only got serious about electronic music production around 2011-2012. Downtempo, ambient, experimental, synthwave, IDM, and tech-funk are my jams, but honestly, I love it all. Always down to learn more. I also appreciate the egoless approach. It’s all about the music, man :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Also, where the hell has @Open_Mike been? He’s Nor-Cal too, but seems to have disappeared from Elektronauts…

2 Likes

If ever I can break away from a full time job and 2 toddlers I’d be happy to meet up. No ego here, just love the tunes! Also curious as to where @Open_Mike has been.

I get it. Adulting is rough. Full-time job here too, but no kids. We get to send the niece/nephew home with their parents after watching them, haha.

Yeah, I hope Open Mike is ok. I’ve been a bit worried since his absence corresponded with the onset of Covid-19.

nice well I am no spring chicken either but love creating music and jam sessions. Guess it keeps me young.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)