Elektronauts in Malmö

Hello,

I recently moved to Malmö and I want to hang out with people who are interested in synthesizers.

Are there communities/circles here that are centered around synthesizers?

I’m also open to just meeting up for a fika.

1 Like

That escalated quickly

6 Likes

There are a lot of weirdos on the internet. You don’t want to let them near your synths without at least seeing them first.

2 Likes

But in all seriousness, I’m just trying to provide options that could be deemed acceptable.

Meeting a random stranger from the internet for the first time in a public place like a coffe house would seem acceptable. At least for me. That is what I meant with meeting for a fika.

Your post seems quite resonable. My guess is that Fin is not fluent in swedish and feels like fika sounds like something quite different than having a chat, while eating cake and having a cup of coffee/tea?

I dont know about Malmö but in copenhagen there are quite some events and stuff but i rarely find time to go. Consider looking to copenhagen if the train ride doesn’t bother you

1 Like

You should definitely check out the record store bolero , the owner is a really good gear head. Say hi from me.

That could be. The word fika in Hungarian means boogers. (Chunks of snot in your nose)

Plot twist: You are the owner of the record store.

Pretty close but not so. I remember record store Rundgång (that’s the name right?). I bought a vinyl with LA underground rapper Neila whom I later came to produce for. Also picked up Portiahead 3 on vinyl in Malmö. And they have a cool graf wall by the parkeringshus Anna. And lots of good food.

2 Likes

Ahahahahahahaahah the collection is amazing He only has underground electronic music and He is making some events and knobs many producers around malmö :ok_hand:

What kind of events? Meetups?

Regardless, I will check out the record store. I live quite close to it.

He knobs many producers ?

This is just getting weird :wink:

I ended up talking to the owner of the record store and to workers of a guitar store.

The verdict was that it is uncommon for strangers to meet up like this and it’s usually people doing their own things at home.

I still haven’t given up on playing music with other people but I’m out of ideas on how to get there.

I find it odd to hear this from a music store keeper. There’s always a notice board for people looking for band members where I live. Maybe you already tried that?

I do see listings for band members but it was never my intention to join a band. I’m looking for something casual.

I’m moving there in January :slight_smile:

Yeah, that’s quite Swedish maybe?
I guess I’m fika-open at least!

1 Like

I get that. To clarify, you don’t have to phrase it like you’re looking for a band. If you have other intentions, just write whatever it is you’d like to do.

I will keep an eye out. I usually see these type of listings on vend.se

Do you have another suggestion?

I would suggest arranging something on meetup.com, try and spread the link and see what happens.

Also, look into music-schools (those that have classes in the evenings) - they might be the perfect way into networking - also those schools might even have a way to sponsor the space for a meetup.

Probably the biggest challenge in arranging these meetup is finding a space where people can bring their instrument, and hook it up to power and some speakers.

/thomas

2 Likes