Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #7 - Voting and Feedback

Thanks for all the votes and feedback guys! Everyone has voted by now if I counted correctly. For the people who named more than 2 runners up, I took the first 2 who were named, just to keep things as fair as possible (This didn’t change anything about the final outcome however).

The overall quality was again apparent in the voting: a lot of people got votes or mentions. 2 people (@looms and @Doug) were clear favorites though.

@looms emerges as the well deserved winner of this one with a great medley, and gets the honor of hosting the first battle of 2022! Congrats man!

Thanks everyone for joining! During these battles I’ve learned a lot from all of you, and it’s really inspiring to hear all of your unique styles, especially since we’re all using the same samples. I really respect the fact that some of you have true signature sounds which shine through in every battle, and it’s also great to hear people experiment and grow… Already looking forward to the next one!

11 Likes

Thanks again for organising this one!
Well done @looms :clap:

6 Likes

Thanks @Sleepyhead for organising. And congrats @looms . Definitely a good thing for me to be part of - the challenge and the judging. Roll on the next one…

6 Likes

Congrats ! @looms

6 Likes

Congratulations @looms and well done everyone! I’ve learned a lot from this, enjoyed listening to all the submissions and am looking forward to taking part in the next one. :smiley:

6 Likes

Let’s go @looms! Can’t wait for the next one!:grin:

5 Likes

Ah, the poisoned chalice of winning :joy:

Nice one! Such sick beats from everybody. Was a pleasure listening to them all.

I personally enjoyed the process of this one most so far - it was a great reason to spend time and learn the 404mk2 and my first try at properly making resampled beats which I never managed on my old 404sx. And the samples were particularly fun to use this time round. I think that came through with everyone’s beats actually!

Thanks again @Sleepyhead for kicking things off again and organising.

@Doug, would you be down with collaborating on ideas/samples for the next one? I can drop you a message if you are!

8 Likes

I’m game. Let me know what’s what

4 Likes

Congrats, everyone! Looking forward to the next one! Dope beat @looms!

2 Likes

Thanks! Hoping to get a new one sorted over the next week.

1 Like

Dope. Deadline of more than a week might be helpful. Not sure what they have been recently.

1 Like

Oh yeah definitely longer than a week :slight_smile: I’m very aware some battle regulars are doing Jamuary too!

4 Likes

I haven’t missed a day yet!

5 Likes

Man, big props to you and @rockpapergoat! Both coming up with heat, really inspiring as I always struggle with getting stuff done and out into the world. I might join in next year :joy:

Maybe we could start the next battle around the 21st with a 2-3 week deadline and that gives you guys a bit of space and also not a massive wait for everyone else.

1 Like

haha… thanks. it helps if your standards are low and you don’t mind uploading whatever. and by “you,” i mean “me” there.

3 Likes

Nah man! I do it all the time, and also who am I to tell anyone what to do, but try not to talk yourself down :slightly_smiling_face: Really enjoying some of your Jamuarys! And also you never know what people might like, like I wasn’t sure about my entry to this very battle.

1 Like

Eyo it’s the 21st. :upside_down_face: idk bout y’all but I’m ready to go whenever.

3 Likes

It’s in the works man. Soon! :laughing:

3 Likes

Aight, you good man! No rush, I just really like doing these.:joy:

1 Like
1 Like