Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #5 - Voting and Feedback

@Daevlor @Claid @LyingDalai you havenā€™t voted yet, i will close the voting in 1 hour :wink:

1 Like

I havenā€™t honestly listened to them all in great detail, so please take my vote with a pinch of salt. However, I really like @looms and @LyingDalaiā€™s tracks. I donā€™t have anything specific to say but I loved the vibes and the mixing of both of them.

2 Likes

Alright, this is my vote!

Winner : @Sleepyhead i dig the beats you made in the past and really Like your style. But this one is my favorite by far! Very good, it has everything i want from a hiphop beat, a very classic golden era style.

Runners up : @Yabba another classic beat, as an mc, thatā€™s exaclty the type of beats i can use to spit lyrics! Love that late 90ā€™s style.

@infovore i also Like your submission because of the evolution of your beat, great use of the samples sources.

Honorable mentions to @LyingDalai and @CCMP, great beats, i had hard time to choose my top 3.

Voting is closed now.

5 Likes

You have to choose a winner and 2 runners up. Make it quick please iā€™m about to close the battle.

1 Like

Winner: @looms

1st runner up- @Yabba

2nd runner up- @Sleepyhead

6 Likes

Ok the votes are officialy closed now,
Congratulations to everyone who took part in this!

The winner is @Sleepyhead
Its another diserved victory for you !

Followed by @looms and @Yabba who share the exact same points.

Props guys!

i suggest as sleepyhead already ruled a battle in the past, he can choose a runner up to made up the next battle (flip or face?).

10 Likes

Congrats to Sleepyhead for a well earned win!

6 Likes

Thanks for the organisation @drrumble and the deserving winner @sleepyhead

And thanks for the comments, Iā€™m pretty much stoked when I hear comments about nice sonic quality because to be honest I donā€™t even have a studio, itā€™s sampled, tweaked and mastered in Digitakt using cheap headphones lol
so thanks again, its all inspiration to carry on :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

congrats to @Sleepyhead! thanks again for organizing @drrumble.

kudos to all who took time for the challenge and provided feedback. i really appreciate the constructive, supportive nature of these challenges. maybe in future rounds, we can share some mix techniques to help folks level up their games.

here are the two other gross tracks that came out of this challenge for me.

cheers, all!

5 Likes

Congratulations @Sleepyhead! Well deserved.

4 Likes

Love the chilli powder flip

2 Likes

Oh, and I wanted to mention that earlier on, I posted that I was having to adjust the horn sample to make it in tune with the track.

Eventually, I realised it wasnā€™t the horn sample, it was the guitar stabs I took from the disco track that seemed out of tune.
I had to tweak them nearly 30 cents to make it all fit.
Maybe it was the way the guitarist was bending the notes :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

hahaā€¦ i had so much trouble trying to make that jive. the choice seemed like a good idea at the time. famous last wordsā€¦

most of the time, the biggest issue is my lack of musical training. i feel like i need to spend more time on the fundamentals than just smashing stuff together, but the immediate gratification factor is high with sample-based production.

2 Likes

Apologies for spoiling my vote by not choosing a winner and runner up! I promise to pay more attention to the rules next time!!

4 Likes

Wow thanks for all the kind words everyone! I kind of felt like a fraud before, having hosted a battle without actually winning like the others, now Iā€™m finally part of the cool kids :sweat_smile:

I really loved this battle because of the limitations, great job @drrumble! Way better rules then what we started out with. My admiration for all of you increased a lot hearing all the tracks, because I knew what samples everyone had to use and I admire the skills needed to make all these very unique tracks. I really appreciate both the inspiring production skills and the positive vibes and feedback present in these battles, props to everyone who participated!

Iā€™ll gladly give the honour of hosting, and deciding the rules for the next one to either @Yabba or @looms as @drrumble suggested, they had the same amount of points right? Both of your tracks blew my mind by the way! Does either of you prefer to do this next one? Or you guys could make it into a joint ventureā€¦? If I can do anything to help, or you donā€™t have time to host let me know!

9 Likes

Congratulations @Sleepyhead, heavy beat for sure and well deserved!

I had an idea for one but would be cool to make it a collaborative effort similar to this one with 3 people picking samples maybe? Iā€™m also new here so hosting sounds a bit terrifying tbh.

4 Likes

I would have voted for @looms.
I am really in a rush these days and wanted to give a proper listen to everyone before stating my choices, sorry to have missed the deadline (I though it was set for tomorrow).

Here is the vocal version of my track.

6 Likes

Well all I can say is: great job on your first battle! If @Yabba is also ok with it you could set up some rules for the next one. Iā€™d love for the 3 of us to pick some samples together if thats your idea.

Basically you can just start a new thread when youre ready, copy the rules/text from the last one and update deadlines/rules/samples etc. Then after the deadline for submitting beats you can create a new thread for voting like this one. If you need help with anything let me know!

5 Likes

Iā€™m happy with @looms posting a new thread and the three of us selecting a sample :+1:t2:

4 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes