Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #5 - Less is more edition

Acapella not alowed this time, so we can focus on the sample flip.

5 Likes

Oof. My MPC doesnā€™t come in till Thursday and Iā€™m gone for the whole weekend. Guess itā€™ll be a PO flip for me. Thx for the clarification :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

apologies in advance if anyone finds that french disco challenging. iā€™m sitting here trying to chop some drums and laughing to myself. enjoy!

3 Likes

Could have been worth with FranƧois Feldman! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

video Joue Pas

https://youtu.be/D3BfHES7wNA

He was pretty famous in France at a timeā€¦

I also chopped some drums tonight.

2 Likes

Can I just submit a song made from the 30 ads inserted in the 2nd example instead? JFCā€¦.

4 Likes

It could be a good rule for a next battle, using only ads. At list they will be useful :laughing:

Be difficult as everyone ads would be different.
Much to my surprise, I had no ads for midi packs or shitty plug-ins

It it would probably be fun next time just to use the extended midi pack / unison chord pack / the drip plugin / etc ads.

1 Like

amazing. that video is restricted by country or something, but i checked the original song. that late 80s sound is unmistakeable. i canā€™t help enjoying that and all the new jack stuff. itā€™s in my blood!

1 Like

I have a secret plan to make an EP based on ads and in-video sponsoring part from youtube. I already have a name for it ā€œSponsored by Skillshareā€. The track list would be

1. Do not forget to like,
  2. share,
  3. subscribe,
  4. and
  5. hit the bell

Besides that struggling a lot with the sampling, will see what get out of that :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh snap, Iā€™ve done all my mix on OT with an a capellaā€¦
Got to go back to the desk.

Do all the samples have to be used in one beat? Iā€™ve got something fire going with just one of the samples

Sorry if it wasnā€™t clear. I was considering an acapella as an outside sample.

Yes you have to use the 3 samples :wink:

3 Likes

get ready to make it ā€œmore fireā€ with the other two samples.

maybe this is why iā€™ve had a harder time with this oneā€¦ haha. itā€™s all good.

3 Likes

Fault is mine, Iā€™ll post an instrumental later tonight!

I was tempted to just sample the tiny section of open hi hats on the disco track and use the obvious one with the sick intro as my main beat, but then I thought I would leap in at the deep end and make the disco one my main sample.
At least for now anyway lol

3 Likes

itā€™s been a similar process for me, except in reverse. i really want to use the disco sample for the main rhythm loop but am going to do something else with it.

2 Likes

This one is hard, iā€™m struggling ! I took the sick intro as my main loop, but not easy to tune the two others withā€¦

@drrumble I donā€™t know if itā€™s the particular part of that sample Iā€™ve used but Iā€™ve got it being slightly sharp and have had to tune it down -17 cents to fit the other two.

1 Like

Russian like title one? I also tuned it below (-0,2 semitone in Octatrack), and transposed it.

I tried to make chops and loops in my DAW to go faster, but after 10 minutes I realised that I prefer to do it with OT now! Timestretch and pitch for matching, sequencing is finally as fastā€¦

2 Likes