Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #9: [Phase 3] Motherland edition

@Unifono and @LyingDalai Sorry for the confusion. My reasoning for having three votes (one main and two runner ups) is that it allows us to appreciate and explain why we like many beats - more than just one. It’s one of the things I personally love about these beat battles. Some participants will go as far as explaining why they chose a winner over a runner up and what they might be able to do to improve.

If it’s not too late I suggest we:

• reset the votes
  • create three polls (winner, runner up A and runner up B)
  • hide results until someone has voted

That’s my two cents

One thing that is not clear to me @Unifono is where to post track/beat feedback and any of the explanations on why we chose the beats we did. I feel like that’s an important part of the learning and growing process as musicians. Is there a straightforward way to do it without being a “spoiler” of voting results? Any thoughts?

1 Like

I guess I was imagining we would need @Unifono to do the tabulation at the end applying a formula like we’ve done on the other battles

• winner = 2 points
  • runner ups = 1 point

Just as usual, here in the thread. Just with anonym track names this time

1 Like

OK, @Unifono, shall I do the following?

• reset the votes (for now I can’t see the voters unfortunately)
  • create 3 polls, 1 winner and 2 runners up

Let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes please :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Dear people, who already vote. Please vote again once the three polls are set up.

Sorry for the circumstances

3 Likes

Well, here we go, sorry for having to nuke this first vote, I’ll be more careful next time!

1 Like

second time round the sun with this collection and damn, definitely some strong favourites but the reality is they all stand up together as a listening experience, i’d probably tweak the running order a little but it works really well as a comp.

6 Likes

No prob dude! Glad we figured it out now before a lot of votes had been cast.

2 Likes

It totally deserves its bandcamp album, I agree :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I really need toget some time to finish the listening and vote before Sunday. I’ll do my best and congrats to sort out the poll dilemma :wink:

Dammit, let me rework the stuff before that :wink:

1 Like

I’m not sure why, but #16’s got some explaining to do. I see you…

Narrowing down to 3 will not be easy. I’ve listened in the car (whip🤫), boom box and headphones just to be sure;)

1 Like

I know it’s aways said, and I always say it(!) but fecking hell this one is the hardest to choose bar none. So much heat here it’s ridic!

2 Likes

indeed. Super impressive

1 Like

I submitted my votes.
It wasn’t easy, I listen the playlist few times before deciding.

Congrats to everyone, it is great for me as a learner to listen how you choose and mangled the samples. :exploding_head:

3 Likes

3 voters and 4 days left…
@Unifono you might want to make a call again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Friendly reminder.
@eerieacid @rockpapergoat @Doug @Kpucski @looms @emadb @Yabba @waftlord @tinara

Please get your votes in till sunday.
Also, track feedback is very welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@Sleepyhead @Jedilicious @drrumble @PineappleDave @surfacescan @Blasted_pingin

See post above please :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Another friendly reminder. I have a track making of description for 3 tracks.
It‘s not a must, but would certainly be very interesting for our little community.

Please send me some words about your tracks via pm

2 Likes

are you voting @Unifono? (or have you already?)

I have already. @surfacescan said I should vote. I don’t know the track order by heart so it’s half blind.
I hope it won’t harm if my votes are not perfectly blind.
I based my decision only on the music I heard. I like you guys all equally :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes