Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #9: [Phase 3] Motherland edition

Blindfolded beat judging

giphy

Lovely elektronauts beatmakers. We reached Phase 3, which will be the final phase of our journey through motherland edition.

A reminder about Phase three:

• Phase one was about sampling something local that represents where you are from
  • Phase two was about combining these samples with some tracks from Africa to make your beat.
  • Phase three is a blindfolded beat judging that everyone who submitted a beat can participates in.

Everyone has three votes

The tracks are just numbered and randomly ordered.
The polls will be opened until next Sunday, April 10th.

We are also encouraging you to give some feedback/background on the tracks you chose, why you chose them. Feel free to leave some comments to any other tracks too, of course.

Lastly, we ask you to write down a few lines where you describe the production process of your beat. Just a few words on sample selection and production. Send these via pm to @Unifono please, we will add these after the big reveal, to let everybody have a look behind the scenes. We hope this will give inspiration for future beat making and battles.

Thanks for taking part on this trip. We had a great time being your hosts, reading the stories, listening to the samples, and we’re looking forward to listening to your contributions!!

Happy listening and voting!
Surfacescan and Unifono.

13 Likes
Motherland edition - your fav

0 voters

Motherland edition - your second

0 voters

Motherland edition - your third

0 voters

4 Likes

@eerieacid @rockpapergoat @Doug @Kpucski @looms @emadb @Yabba @waftlord @tinara

4 Likes

@Sleepyhead @Jedilicious @drrumble @PineappleDave @surfacescan @Blasted_pingin @Unifono

4 Likes

Waou, I just listened all the beats, there is very serious shit!!

7 Likes

Yeah man for real, great stuff everyone!

5 Likes

ah man, that is a seriously nice awesomely varied collection of tracks threaded lushly by the samples.
gonna easily take a week of listening to choose a top3 but a few did really grab me.

5 Likes

Oh boy, some real gems in these tracks! I am… humbled (i feel ashame tbh :sweat_smile:).

Thanks again to @Unifono and @LyingDalai for setting this up.
I’m only halway thru the playlist but simehow tracks 6 and 7 won’t play, it keeps skipping from 5 to 8. Anyone else had the issue?

5 Likes

Wow, awesome beats everyone! There was a clear winner for me in the end, but I would have serious problems coming up with the usual runners up.

4 Likes

wow, such a deep field this round. great job, everyone! will have to listen through these a few times to take notes.

5 Likes

I don’t have such problem, try again after reloading the page maybe?

1 Like

These beats are amazing. I‘m so impressed by some tracks!
Congrats to everyone!

2 Likes

Nice work everyone, very high standard.
Had a first listen through on my journey to work, going to have another listen through before I vote

4 Likes

Hey, it said we had 3 votes, but the poll only lets me do one. Am I doing something wrong or what? :sweat_smile:

maybe I got something wrong :neutral_face:
@LyingDalai can it be set up with three votes?

1 Like

I tried a few times yesterday but it is working today :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I don’t think the 3 votes are useful, maybe u can use only the scores of the actual vote and take the 3 first as winner anf runners up.

I hadn’t thought of this 3 vote thing other than what is technically feasible. Thing is, mathematically, if you offer 3 votes you make it more probability to have even scores…

Now I just can’t change a thing so I’d say we let this go to its end.
Or I reset the poll, if @Unifono’s willing to while there are not that many votes…

@surfacescan
I‘d say we keep it with one vote then…

Sorry for confusion people, my bad!
Have to gain host experience

1 Like