Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #4 - "Fresh Eyes" Edition

That makes a lot of sense. I’m usually a lot surer of my first place than how I’d order the next two so I like the idea of voting for a winner and two runners up instead.

What does everyone else think?

2 Likes

That’s an excellent point.

I can easily setup a poll so that we cast 3 votes.
I cannot order them though.

testing votes
    • here
    • comes
    • a new
    • challenger

0 voters

2 Likes

In! I will have to think about my sample submission for a bit though.

1 Like

I guess you’d have to have multiple polls - one for 1st and one which allowed to enter 2 votes for 2nd/3rd or a poll for each place

2 Likes

No, it doesn’t work: if someone is chosen as 2nd by everyone and a few appear on 1st place, they should be picked up as first, as we do today.
2 polls don’t solve this.

In the poll above I just pick 3 tracks, without ordering them.

@Doug’s suggestion would be e.g. 2points for the winner vote and 1 point for each runner…
I like this idea, but can’t do it with a poll.

1 Like

I’ve got no problem breaking out the old pen and paper and adding it all up. That’s no problem

4 Likes

I dont think setting up a poll will help for the reasons mentioned, and also because I really value the feedback everyone gives besides the actual vote. If we use a poll we probably lose a lot of that.

I have no opinion on scoring 3-2-1 or 2-1-1, both work for me!

7 Likes

With regards to voting I’m happy to do whatever everyone else is happy with.
Personally speaking it wouldn’t bother me if I came last in a battle every week I’m just here for the sport of it and to listen to beats made out of the samples so I’m happy to go along with the majority opinion.

7 Likes

same here. it might be nice to have an easier way to vote, though. actually choosing has gotten progressively harder for me. would it be easier just to vote for one, then go by total number of votes per entry to pick the top 3?

5 Likes

I feel the same way about voting getting more difficult, but because of this same reason I’m actually happy I can pick 3 instead of one. The tracks are often incomparable in a way, so my top 3 is often: could all have been #1, but this is my preference.

Also: more votes is more people getting props/feedback/credit for what they made, which I like

5 Likes

true enough. let’s see how this one goes.

3 Likes

I would say it’s the host to decide, we don’t need to have things written in stone ^^

5 Likes

Sorry if this has opened a can of worms! I suggested it because I thought it might make voting easier, and sort of in in response to someone in the last thread who thought that hidden votes would be good…

Certainly not about who wins, but it does give niche picks more of a chance too.

I think polls means we wouldn’t get the feedback, which is what this challenge is really all about for me.

3 Likes

Cool. I updated the rules to reflect the changes.

We’re going to go with @Boxymusic’s suggestion. You’ll choose your first place pick, which will receive 2 points and two runners up that will receive 1 point each.

As for hidden votes, maybe we should just not tag people in the votes to make it easier to avoid the thread before you’ve had a chance to vote.

I like the voting thread and do not want to change the process of posting our votes and giving feedback.

5 Likes

Nah… it was me who suggested this originally and I’ve gone 180 degrees on it… I think there’s way more value in the feedback/discussion than the overall results. I personally think changing the points is cool, but keep the process the same.

And everyone remember, a vote for CCMP in the next one is a vote for future world peace. :sunglasses::v:

7 Likes

Here’s my sample submission:

14 Likes

I’m excited to participate for the first time!

Here’s the sample I picked out. These guys are legends.

Have fun :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m up for giving the new voting system a try, although for some reason I like a “top three”. Coming in second feels kind of nice and you don’t have to organize anything. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

There’s still going to be a first, second, and third place. It’s just how we’re scoring people’s votes.

3 Likes