Elektronauts Hip hop battle 24 - Hans Zimmer

Haha and Wu-Tang can it be so simple.

When I first read it I had to check the date of the article incase it was written anywhere near April 1st.

1 Like

Really can you DM me a link to the article please so as not to spam the threadā€¦ cheers fella :+1:

Everyone on a team is supposed to get credit. I can see on this forum and elsewhere Derbyshire and Kraftwerk getting credit. Where is Worrellā€™s credit for the ways he pushed synth music?

2 Likes

Iā€™d heard of all those you mentioned, who on this forum doesnā€™t know who Kraftwerk is?
Iā€™d never really heard of Worrell before his post so heā€™s probably got a point.

That point was made then we moved on until you turned up asking who cares.

Probably just best we just move on and enjoy the beatmaking

1 Like

Donā€™t want to derail this thread anymore that it has been, but I feel like my point was proven in that comment. Thereā€™s no hip hop without Parliament. This thread is about hip hop music and race is absolutely ingrained into the history and culture of hip hop.

To get back on topic: Hans Zimmers body of work is insane, has anyone else been blown away by just how much heā€™s done? I just knew he made a lot of soundtracks but it seems like heā€™s made every soundtrack since the 80s

4 Likes

drum break starts @3:47

5 Likes

Hans Zimmer track. This theme to one of the best movies from the 90s

Break:

6 Likes

Always loved the juxtaposition of that song and the violence in the movie. I found out that that song was written for lute in 1536!

3 Likes

Need to share this. Like now.

2 Likes

Yeah i saw it the other day, pretty entertaining video. What are your thoughts on it?

@flipinfantile to be honest, the production and creativity the video maker put into this is worthy of the watch in and of itself!

But it does give me a few ideas for AI and working with my digitakt :

• create some AI generated samples + loops/breaks which I can then load as instruments and build a song out of
  • get some wacky inspiration - even some ridiculous rhymes to force myself to make sound good otherwise a beat under
  • imagine one day an integration with a digitakt to auto generate some project (sounds and patterns) based on some AI prompts. Then use that as a creative starting point to then improvise and tweak at will and make it my own.

As with most of the different domains applications of AI - it is most powerful when used as a sidekick and in the beatmaking case and as this video points out, can be fun to explore just for the sake of it. But not as a finished product in and of itself.

I wonder if a future Elektronauts beat battle may have an element of AI and prompts published back here to share as one of the parameters in the future? Hmmmm :thinking:

How about you? What does it make you think of?

2 Likes

Ignoring all the ethical issues around ai consent, copyright etc. (We need radical system change).

Iā€™m pretty excited for all the possibilities too. New stuff is coming in fast. I just hope I can control myself from automating the entire process of music making, because where would the fun be in that.

Also I like being on the path of mastery, and i hope all these new options wonā€™t fuk that up. But iā€™m pretty confident it will turn out okay :sweat_smile:

And yeah i would be up for a challenge around an ai tool, i like your idea!

Hey fam - just subtmitted my beat. Would have loved to work longer on it as the textures in all these submitted material is fun to play with. Got alot on the go this weekend so Iā€™m submitting it ā€œearlyā€.

Have fun yā€™all

7 Likes

Just sent mine in before I can overthink it to death. This was tough, so looking forward to hearing how everyone approached this one

6 Likes

Iā€™m really hoping that I didnā€™t use the same sample as everyone elseā€¦ again! :rofl:

Looking forward to hearing @everyoneā€™s tracks and True Romance was a neat unexpected watch thanks for the hype @surfacescan :beers: I used to love Christian Slater as a kid

6 Likes

The deadline is approaching and it looks like weā€™ve got a few entries. Letā€™s extend the deadline a couple of days and see if we can get more

Anyone who is on the fence or could use the extra time you can still get in

5 Likes

How many have you received so far? And whoā€™ still missing?

For now we received 5 tracks, and apparently itā€™s missing the following contenders :face_with_monocle:
@doug
@aarb420
@malus_mons
@eerieacid

If I donā€™t forget anyoneā€¦

1 Like

Quick question. It will definitely run out of space on soundcloud. Do you know what can be deleted if necessary?

Second question, why not create a YouTube channel to post the tracks? this could solve storage problems. (maybe one already exists).

What do you think about?