Elektronauts feedback & improvement suggestions

I just joined Lines (which is built on the same platform) and there’s a load of great user-related stuff that could be implemented here. For example, I just got a badge (i.e., a pat on the back) for posting a link on a separate line (see below) which created a ‘one box’ and expanded properly within the thread. That sort of stuff I only learnt by trial and error here. So I’m sure there is other stuff from Lines (and other Discourse-based forums) that could be implemented here to make everyone’s experience that much better / easier. I couldn’t find a related topic so I created this one. What could be done to improve Elektronauts?

1 Like

You need to charge your battery mate.

15 Likes

Make top level links to the device specific forums in the categories chooser up top.

Like if I want to see Rytm stuff I have to click Elektron Gear, load that page, then click Rytm.

You can get there directly by the hamburger menu but it doesnt have all sub categories.

1 Like

My battery could also be improved, it’s true

1 Like

I don’t like change.

You say improve things, I hear having to learn new stuff.

1 Like

With websites change usually means ‘worse’

I dont know what Lines is.
I dont care about badges or pats on the back or features.

2 Likes

It’s all been downhill since Geocities really.

4 Likes

Can we get paid for our posts?

3 Likes

These badges can be found on op-forums and Mutable Instruments as well.
They are rather annoying IMO.
Robot feedback is pretty superficial.

5 Likes

Yeah I guess it’s just a feature of Discord Elektronauts has turned off.

I always thought the Media section could use a bit more functionality, adding likes and a comments section to posts or something. I always just sort of land there by accident rather than intentionally.

5 Likes

Wait, we’re not getting paid for this?

5 Likes

Yeah the music stuff would be cool. It’d be neat if people could link stuff like from youtube/soundcloud/bandcamp or whatever on their profile and others could comment there. Kinda like a blog. I like checking out other peoples music but not trying to dig up any posts that may have it.

I am also ok without badges/achievements etc.

I’ve been on a few Discourse based forums and I’d say this one is my favorite. The News and Media sections are a nice addition I haven’t seen anywhere else.

The problem with badges and shit is that people sometimes go out of their way to earn them which is annoying. I still get messages sometimes over at the Auxy forum asking how to get a specific badge and I’m like dude I don’t know I didn’t put this crap in place and also who cares lol…

2 Likes

Fixing the gap between the top bar and the content would be awesome. I think this was discussed before but couldn’t find the thread.

And the logo is still black even in dark mode, just in case no one noticed.

1 Like

I’m looking for more “Free Pizza Wednesdays” around here. That would be an improvement.

1 Like

All expenses paid trip to Amsterdam for the member with the most likes in the month.

And When I say expenses, I mean drugs and sex workers.

4 Likes

Only if we make them NFTs. :expressionless:

:thinking:
To add to the discussion, I think this is a pretty fine forum, though I don’t remember how to find posts I had been following before without scrolling down a ways. But then the scrolling can be a boon when I happen across something else interesting on the way.
Maybe I’ve put myself in this oblivious state by disabling email notices on almost everything.

Now we talk!

0,5$ per „like“ and 10$ per topic with over 200 posts

1 Like

anyone noticed the ‘recent forum activity’ links on the main page dont work today.
e.g. i click on the polyend tracker heading and …

https://www.elektronauts.com/news

Access Denied

while trying to load /t/id_for/polyend-tracker

Something went wrong.

This is easily the best forum I’ve used both from a userbase and design perspective, I don’t think it needs anything changed tbh.

1 Like