Elektronauts Drum n' Bass Battle #6 (Call Your Shots) [[WINNERS ANNOUNCED!]]

WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

1ST PLACE - @proskynesis (NAILED IT WITH THE DOUBLE PODIUM!)

2ND PLACE - @cuberoo

3RD PLACE - @proskynesis

And a Great Honorable Mention to @KingDuppy who would have placed if I only allowed one podium finish per Producer, but I always say, this is only about the music, and its the tracks that stand on themselves. But still, BIG UPS!)

Damn! We did it again!

Bangers!

So of course, enjoy the playlist and celebrate everyones efforts!

But this voting is going to be fun… If you submitted you can VOTE!

Pick your top three, and give a run down of why you made you choice. And comment on as many tracks as you can… the general feedback is a great way for producers to have a critique.

NOW THE FUN PART! WHERE ARE MY SUPER SLUETHERS?

For an extra kick, the theme of this challange is CALL YOUR SHOTS.

So IF you go to the original thread, AND IF the producer used the sound they posted (they may be trollin!)…

GUESS WHO PRODUCED WHAT… and put it beside your vote.

This is just a fun game to see how the concept managed to come through. But its totally cool if you just want to listen to music and vote.

UNMASK THE MOSTERS YOU MEDDLING KIDS!

WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

1ST PLACE - @proskynesis (NAILED IT WITH THE DOUBLE PODIUM!)

2ND PLACE - @cuberoo

3RD PLACE - @proskynesis

4 Likes

I hope everything is up okay… if there are any mistakes, just PM me and I will make it right!

And again, sorry my name is in the track listing, it’s just the SoundCloud way.

EDIT: Had a track twice in the playlist! Sorry (meesa human)

2 Likes

@cuberoo (voted)

@dhunterrr (voted)

@DrOrthogonal (voted)

@FNKSTRNG (voted)

@jeye_musik (voted)

@KingDuppy (voted)

@proskynesis (voted)

@sasquatchfuzz (voted)

3 Likes

First pass and there are some strong contenders in this group…let’s hope I get paired up with some of you in the Battle of the Exquisite Corpse!
I’ve shortlisted four and a half tracks so will listen on different headphones later and spend a bit more time getting this down to 3.

Good work Elektronauts…

2 Likes

OK, let me kick off with my top 3 to get us started…
#1 Shot Caller Number 10 - Made me smile instantly…and dance. Nice vibe and rhythm.
#2 Shot Caller Number 2 - Nice composition that took me on a little journey without ever thinking about hitting the FFWD!
#3 Shot Caller Number 6 - Liked the use of vocals and some recognisable samples! A simple but really effective bass line…laid back cool vibe.

Honourable mentions for tracks #1 & #4 which got shortlisted for their sounds and mix.

2 Likes

No votes in this one, but dropped in for a listen. Nice work!

I really dug #1 , kinda gave me a contemporary No-U-Turn vibe. I’ve mostly been making distorted hellscapes lately so this hit.

#10 instantly took me to 96 or 97 when I somehow acquired (I lived way out in the woods, new jungle was not easy to find) a Micky Finn vs Darren Jay “Jungle Warfare” tape and played the hell out of it in the car (the only place I had that still had a tape deck).

3 Likes

Might as well give us your third pick. I’d love to hear what you thought.

Nobody is sleuthing yet!

1#=5. That is some dirty mf FUNK. Perfect.

2#=1. Dystopian as fuck. Love it!

3#=4. Bubbly and funky. Makes me wanna cruise around in a 84 porsche 911.

1 Like

Great stuff as usual. Playlist full of fire. My top picks:

Winner winner.
I think this is the one I felt was the prettiest and most melodic of the bunch. Great vocal sample. Good bass line and sparkly spaciness. Perfect listening for this dreary, misty morning on the east coast.

Fun as hell. Probably best use of the samples from the challenge.

Really great classic Aphex-style track. Reminds me of what I first loved about dance music. Good vocal sample too.

Also great. Loved the “TV Pyramid” (George Plimpton?) clip.

Fucking banger. Love it.

2 Likes

Ok, I have to say that I’ve not had the power to do any sleuthing, but I’ve been enjoying the tracks. Great bunch this time. So:

#2 came out top for me, really like the overall vibe
#10 was fun, great start
#4 it was hard to pick a 3rd place, as lots of cool tracks, but again I liked the vibe here and a good intro

2 Likes

It’s okay!

I’ll listen to the playlist today and get my votes in later tonight. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Winner:
#7: Nice energy, variation and great vocal samples!

Runners-up:
#10: Same as above, but could have done with more variation and some calmer moments.
#1: Great mood. Some slight burial vibes are always a good thing.

2 Likes

Apologies for the delay in voting, it’s been pretty hectic here. My votes though…

1. Track 6 - Really loving the bass in this one, kind of reminds me of Ellipsis era Scorn. Possibly a bit more dubby than out and out DnB but I’m letting that slide as it’s such a gnarly vibe.

2. Track 9 - This another one, with a bit of a slightly weirder vibe… the vocals samples are doing that unsettling due to out of context vibe. Quite an urgent almost post-punky vibe too which I’m digging.

3. Track 7 - Took a little bit to get going but once it hit it’s stride I was convinced. The synth stabs coming in at about the 2:40 mark then tie it all together like Lebowski’s rug.

Good efforts all round! I have to confess that I am terrible at the whole sleuthing part… couldn’t figure any out.

3 Likes

I love him.

Sorry for my delayed responses as well. Another good collection of tracks and I think for my top 3 I’ll go with:

1. Track 1 - Love the ambience/space of this one.
  2. Track 9 - As a bass player myslef, the phased bass sound stood out from the tracks in a good way. Nice job.
  3. Track 10 - Enjoyed the rhythmic vocal slicing on this track.
2 Likes

there are some really great efforts in here and I’m looking forward to seeing how they were put together.

1 Like

Yeah, me too! I was just giving time for everyone to vote.

Let me brew a cuppa, and count ‘em up. If it’s close I’ll chase the last vote.

Still need to do mine. Will listen again tonight.

2 Likes