Elektronauts BB25 Bluenote Voting & Feedback

Playlist is up!

Thanks for submitting your beats this is a great selection of music from what I’ve heard so far.
Also thanks to @flipinfantile for the great artwork

As there’s a lot of beats, and considering we always have an honourable mention or two in the voting.
This time round we’ll vote for our top four.

1st 4 points
2nd 3 points
3rd 2 points
4th 1 point

Let’s say final day of voting will be this Sunday the 29th Oct

Hope you all enjoy the playlist and thanks for making it great :slightly_smiling_face:

26 Likes

This is called the Borda method.

3 Likes

Seems right to see this in a hip hop thread…

11 Likes

There’s some serious heat in these beats! And the order of it all is really well done too

6 Likes

Are we voting for all tracks besides track 1??? that shits on a different level than the rest. What an intro :fire::fire::fire::fire:

10 Likes

Man this playlist should be an album for the world this is seriously incredible :fire: Can’t believe I’m hearing this right now awesome job @everyone I’m only 3 songs in and already in sampler heaven :beers: Thanks again @Yabba for presenting the elements for this challenge!

7 Likes

big ups to everyone! big album energy the whole way through, excited to sit down for a second go through to write up some thoughts. first beat kicks it off hard and it just doesnt stop

8 Likes

Yeah pretty awesome, and so many… :exploding_head: well done people!

6 Likes

Damn guys, its going to be hard to even make a shortlist if beats from this one… I like how the blue note samples brought out the boombap!

6 Likes

Haha! I immediately thought it deserves to be in the Lessons series alongside Double D and Steinski, Cut Chemist and Shadow

5 Likes

Can you give me some background on where this came from? Is it from one of the mission briefs? The first track already sounds phenomenal!

2 Likes

You got humbling skills!

8 Likes

This playlist is so good :heat:
It will be difficult to decide between each contender! Great work @everyone

9 Likes

I’ve listened through twice, I really don’t know how to pick a top 4, there’s too much good stuff. Amazing work friends!

8 Likes

Echoing what has already been said and I’ve said it before, but this is definitely the most difficult one to judge so far.
For the most part your favourite will probably depend on whatever your mood is on the day you vote

6 Likes

Yes that’s right, it’s a regular thing we have where we have particular a theme and make beats.
Then we point score them and the winner or someone in the top 3 chooses the next theme

If you’re interested they’ll be another one probably in a couple of weeks

3 Likes

I have to say the whole playlist is very coherent, which is quite astonishing given the number of tracks.

9 Likes

Thanks for clarifying. I’m familiar with the mission briefs, but this one seems to be more coherent than others in the past and people were talking about samples/inspirations being provided, so I thought this might be something else.

2 Likes

we just sampled anything that was released on Blue Note, so a whole load of potential options to sample from

4 Likes

And what if i’m in the mood for Jazzy Hip Hop like today, then what do i choose? Damnit!

3 Likes