Elektron x Loop Cloud

Is Elektron going software now like Roland?

5 Likes

Where did you get the image? Probably like a sample loop repository like Splice rather than cloud based instruments like Roland I reckon.

4 Likes

Just out a moment ago.

8 Likes

the integration being able to drag, drop, copy, purge the project ram from the loopcloud app is impressive.

elektron taking over the game.

14 Likes

Amazing

1 Like

This is great!

I also predict another Overbridge update soon. Would love to access this feature without using Loopcloud. Or is it already a thing?

Wow, this looks interesting! I tested the MPC One briefly and I thought Akai’s Splice implementation was a concept I could see useful in some situations (I work with theatre and performing arts, so sometimes it’s really helpful to have samples at hand to bang out tracks quickly).

Too bad that I hated Splice and found Loopcloud much easier to use and decided to keep my Digitakt instead of the MPC, so now I’m a happy camper to see this!

8 Likes

interesting direction for a primarily one-shot sampler.
the DT’s 1gb is going to fill up very quickly with these loops.
mk2 with bigger storage incoming?

11 Likes

I doubt I’ll use it personally but allowing control of the DT’ memory directly from a loop repository is an excellent idea that further brings the DT into the modern bedroom producer sphere.

6 Likes

It looks like there is a 2 month trial for Elektron users:

Does loopcloud have an iPad app? I have been thinking of getting one recently for music production, especially now that DT can record to step length. One of the problems I was thinking of was sample management between computer and hardware. The Transfer app doesn’t have iPadOS support for example.

I could see this as a way to have a really mobile sample library that connects to the Digitakt over a single USB cable.

2 Likes

I love reading Tea Leaves:
OctaTrack Mk3:
SD Card Storage
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled — loop cloud over Wi-Fi
USB Midi
Overbridge support
Machines architecture — synth enabled machines
Elektron DAWless Hub
Chords
Scales
+More

Stretch Goal: on device Overbridge — connect your Elektron kit to it for audio over USB to OT MK3 and leave the computer with the kids.

15 Likes

Bah I was using an old version of loopcloud where i would sometimes browse the sample packs available and the ones i have bought. Now I decided to update it for the DT integration thing and now it wont let me use it standalone anymore because i dont subscribe. But the old version did lol. Wtf!
So when loading it up it just tells me to sub and shuts down.

1 Like

That was my first thought too, I guess the cloud based ram swap is a significant point here though? I don’t have a DT anymore so I might be misunderstanding.

This new ‘feature’ is definitely not for me.

11 Likes

Does it integrate over iPad? That would be ace but guess not. Overbridge only?

So Ricky still works for Elektron. Great!

9 Likes

I’m not particularly into services like Loopcloud or Splice, since I prefer to make my own samples, but this is great for people who want to work that way. As long as it doesn’t affect my current workflow then so be it.

That said I can’t help but feel this is going to stir the pot for people who are concerned about Elektron possibly moving in to a SAAS/cloud based model in the future. The ability to multitrack record my DT is tied to a piece of software that has to be continually updated in order to work with my MacBook, and the thought of being forced to install an OS with a bunch of “cloud” or subscription based features in order to maintain that is distressing.

9 Likes

as long as the end user has the choice and is not locked features behind a service it’s all good

#games as a service

2 Likes

which means that Jeremy from Red means Recording wasn’t right! Hooray!!

6 Likes

Is a subscription to Loopcloud needed to administrate the Digitakt drive from the Loopcloud app?

1 Like