Elektron website - support issue

strange things happened to me.

i had to reset my password to log in to the elektron support, and after i did it had lost some of my details, registered machines, support tickets (which were active and involving a custom order for replacement parts) and paid sound pack link for download.

now i opened a new support ticket but havn’t heard anything in a while. wondering if there is some technical difficulties going on.

im certain its the same email address when i reset my password, which i thought might have been a potential issue.

Bought an Analog Rytm Mk2 at the begining of 2018 and after that was forced to wait one year for overbridge to be released. Hallelujah Overbridge 2.0 Beta is here and i suppose i have to be happy now, but two weeks ago the well known “rytm pad issue” showed. Opened support ticket previous week and still there is no answer !?
Should i wait and waste another year to finally get my 1600 euro drum machine working ??!!?!?!?!?

That’s unfortunate.

However, Overbridge and the “Rytm pad issue” have nothing to do with each other - I can appreciate the frustration of course.

Perhaps get in touch with the retailer (if you didn’t buy direct from Elektron)?

All machines have 3yr warranty anyway so I wouldn’t worry about getting it fixed/dealt with.

1 Like

Its obvious that overbrigde and the pad issue have nothing to do with each other. My point is that first i waited one year for something that was “included” as i purchased the unit. And now i am waiting one week for a simple answer about my issue. Having 3yr warranty is nice, even nicer if u can contact the support team.

Guided meditation have nothing to do with my current situation couse i dont have anger issues. However thank yor for the link it might be useful someday. For the moment all i want is to get my machine fixed/replaced.

1 Like

You’re barking up the wrong tree, I’m afraid. This is primarily a forum for Elektron users. AFAIK it’s (school) holiday time in Sweden so maybe that explains the delay. I hope your AR gets fixed soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Otherwise you can buy an octatrack :joy:

Been waiting for product registration to open for a while… 99% sure it originally said end of January 2019, now it says end of February 2019.

Last year we’ve learned that “end of February actually means next year” :smiley:

1 Like

You’re right. It said “January” when I tried to register my Model:Samples when I got it a week ago.

1 Like

Elektron support is actually quite good and are usually pretty quick to reply. @postmortem has suggested that it’s holiday time in Sweden, so give them some time to get back to you. I had the “pad issue” too, and they went out of their way to make sure I had a fully functioning and working unit.

2 Likes

Yea, theyre usually excellent. Best support around ime.
They should come good for you in due course.

2 Likes

So in Sweden when there’s school holidays do all offices and businesses close? Or just Elektron?

Do they fixed or replaced your unit?

They fixed it, but they’ve also replaced units - it depends on the circumstances. Rest assured that they will take care of you and make sure your machine is working as it should.

1 Like

Not all of them, I’m assuming, but some people do because they have families, like in every country based on a wellfare state system. It’s the same here in Western Europe (France, Belgium, Netherlands, …). If service is maintained, it is reduced, including customer services.

There’s always a little bit of a catch-up backlog after trade fares iirc as some support/technical people will be there - same with festive holidays etc

I’d also wager that the public beta for OB has dramatically affected their workload too - just blips

I’m planning on having encoders fixed soon - fingers crossed they’re not overloaded - the best you can do is get in the queue and wait

I’m genuinely baffled that I got flagged for this.

There’re multiple studies indicating that meditation improves decision making. Just trying to be helpful as I can relate to the frustration :man_shrugging:.

Anyway @dylan, I hope you’re problem’s resolved soon. OB2 has definitely improved aspects of my workflow with the Analog boxes. Cheers.

4 Likes

I contacted Support this morning (Pacific Standard Time) and they got back to me in 30 minutes or so. I asked when to expect product registration to open, and they said it should be available in about a week or two. Not exactly precise timing, but at least they’re responsive to basic questions.

1 Like

I’ve had great experiences with US tech support in the past but my latest experience has been concerning.
I sent my octa back in early January for warranty repair and didn’t hear anything until I requested an update on 14 Feb ( I understand that NAMM is a factor here) . I was told that my instrument would be sent back that week, but no tracking info was given or sent. I just checked the website and my ticket is gone!
I have opened up another ticket about my missing ticket, which seems a bit silly…
:man_shrugging:.